5,740 results
All reviewshot springsprimrose restaurantlarkspur loungeprimrose dining roombanff gondolarim rocksulphur mountainpremium roombeautiful hotelspectacular viewsself parkingfree shuttlebow valleycanadian rockiespool and hot tublake louiseeden
Reviewed October 3, 2006

My family & I stayed at the Rimrock for 3 nights in September. The service provided by the staff was excellent. We had a casual dinner in front of the Larkspur fireplace which was lovely. Breakfast in the Primrose has a breath taking view of the mountain and it is a perfect way to start a day in Banff.

We tried to book the entire stay with Rimrock reservation directly as it is less expensive. As the hotel was at capacity, we were able to do it for 2 out of the 3 nights. The first night we had to book through expedia which cost much more.

The location of the hotel is at the edge of the main strip but close to the Hot springs and gondola. If you plan to rent a car while in Banff, Rimrock is a good choice. It's nice to be far away from the hustle & bustle of Banff Avenue.

If you are interested in spa service at the Rimrock, try to book far in advance. It was impossible to get an appointment. For those who appreciate nice toiletries, Rimrock provides Aveda & Netrogena products in their guest rooms. Very nice!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank Audmod
Reviewed September 30, 2006

the words ... fabulous, fantastic, beautiful & tremendous do not do this hotel credit .... we stopped in the North wing during the last week in September and the views from the room were good enough to have room service ... We even stopped an extra night on the strength of the views & hotel.

The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the Banff Gondola and is about a 30 minute walk down hill through trees into Banff.

The whole area is beaufitul.

The one tip I would give .... if you do not want everything for breakfast, then have the A La Carte menu .... saves mega bucks ... to spend else where, or in the hotel towards a lovely massage.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lesc
Reviewed September 24, 2006

Very Luxurious. This place was recommended by the Rocky Mountaneer Rail Company when we booked our rail ticket to Banff. We had a great view of Mt. Rundle from our very spacious room. Staff was very attentive. The lobby bar was lovely with great views. We were there in late Aug. so there was no fire in the massive fireplace, but it made me want to come back when it was lit. We liked the location as it was away from the tourist crowds downtown. We were tired the evening of our arrival and decided to stay at the hotel for dinner. We went to the more casual dining room, (there are two) and it was very good.

A tip for those parking a car - try to get the indoor parking. We were very glad we did on the day we left as it was raining that day.

We really enjoyed our stay and I would come back here again.

2  Thank B-Lynd
Reviewed September 21, 2006

Its been over a month since our weekend getaway to Banff. It was an unforgettable experience in a way, not in the way that we imagined and hoped for however. Let me say that the views are unparalleled. We booked a premium room, with breathtaking views and shoddy interiors. The owner/general manager obviously does not care about the upkeep of his/her hotel.
What was most upsetting however was the level of service (dis-service) we received. Not to generalize but the frontline staff especially at the reception are much better trained, more courteous and overall much more professional than the manager. I don't know if the individual was a manager or someone who "calls himself" a manager. Firstly, nobody seemed to know exactly when he was to come into work (???). I was finally given a time for his arrival after much coaxing to be 3 pm. However, he did not arrive until 4 pm. No effort was made towards contacting me asap. I ended up approaching the desk for the umpteenth time at 4:25pm, upon which he rather grudgingly pretended to "assist" me.

Let me say-all I was upset about was that my room was not ready until 5 pm although they promise 3. Given that we have 2 toddlers, it was all the more harrowing. i understand that hotels tend to be busy on a Friday, but after 2 hours, no acknowledgement for the inconvenience. Luckily the manager did us a favor by seeing us. No apologies, just a curt "I know that you were looking for me sir, I was going to contact you at a less busy time" (???).

I asked him how long he had been with the hotel and in this line of work. He proudly claimed- more than 5 years. With individuals such as that in your "arsenal" its hard to see the Rim Rock maintain its star rating.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank fs2006
Reviewed September 18, 2006

Really enjoyed my 2 night stay here.
Location - not a walk into town but the free shuttle makes up for that. Hotel is built into the side of a hill with amazing views over a mountain covered in trees.
Service - excellent. I was upgraded to a better room even though I did not book direct.
Restaurant - very good, a little expensive but what you'd expect from a good hotel.
Room - very very good, very clean and well serviced. Again the view was phenominal. Good bathroom with nice Aveda products. Very big too - I met guests staying at the Fairmont who complained about the size of the their rooms which are apparently much smaller.
I'd also highly recommend booking tours with Discover Banff who were exceptionally good and use small vehicles with lots of windows.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo