5,740 results
All reviewshot springsprimrose restaurantlarkspur loungeprimrose dining roombanff gondolarim rocksulphur mountainbeautiful hotelpremium roomspectacular viewsself parkingfree shuttlebow valleycanadian rockiespool and hot tublake louiseeden
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We just returned from spending 4 wonderful nights / 5 days at RimRock Resort hotel and again I was not disappointed. We were in Banff to celebrate our 15th anniversary and we had an amazing time. From the moment we arrived to when we left the staff treated us like royalty. We were in room 920, which was a top floor "Grandview" category room. It was worth every penny. We dined at PrimRose a couple times, hung out in LarksSpur lounge, everything was great. We had our almost 11 year old sons along with us and they also enjoyed the hotel.

The pool area itself is "boring" for preteens but having said that, we didn't go to hang out by the pool.

I had one issue with the hot tub....

My pink polka dot bikini was "bleeding / running" after I sat in the hot tub for 1/2 hour. I informed the spa staff bad they had the chlorine levels checked in the pool. They didn't find anything amiss but my suit was still "running". Housekeeping retrieved it from our room in our absence and had it dry cleaned at no cost to me. They also applied a $200 credit to our account.

I will definitely return ( yet again) to The RimRock...it's my absolute favourite hotel in Banff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your most recent experience with us at The Rimrock and thank you for taking the time to write a response on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you enjoyed the dining options in the hotel, and hopefully next time you can enjoy the beautiful five-diamond Eden dining room on your next visit!

We apologize for the bathing suit issue and are glad that we were able to find an adequate solution for you.

Remember to book direct to take advantage of our Best Rate Guarantee Program and best in class service!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The property was clean, most of the service members were very friendly. You're paying for the view (I know they have no view rooms, but why stay here then? Stay in town for cheaper) and the view truly is spectacular. The hotel has an odd shape, however, so while you're sitting in your window looking at the mountains, half of the hotel can stare at you in the window. I found it a little uncomfortable, but my wife didn't seem to mind so much. There is a little shop with a cafe for cheap snacks (Pringles for a few dollars less in the shop than in the room), sandwiches (they'll warm up breakfast sandwiches for you), coffee, and desserts. If the price is right, we would absolutely go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience after your recent stay at The Rimrock.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the view from your room as well as our coffee shop. Our chocolates in the coffee shop and rooms are made in-house by our fantastic pastries team!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel was great from the minute we checked in until the minute we left. Really enjoyed the room, and the restaurants. Staff are friendly, and helpful. The parking garage is a bit tight and quirky, but OK.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are delighted that you enjoyed your most recent experience with us at The Rimrock.

Our service team has great pride in delivering WOW experiences to our guests and it is a pleasure to share your feedback with them.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was a quick vacation for a hard working long traveling couple. The hotel was great - more than anything staff are consistently (and I think sincerely) good natured, welcoming and want to help. Restaurant was very good - much healthy and natural food. View - out of this world and pool/gym were fun.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Samuel B

We are delighted that you enjoyed your most recent experience with us at The Rimrock! Thank you for your kind words regarding the property, and it is my pleasure to share your feedback with the members of our service staff.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip on Valentine's Day weekend, so it was crazy busy. My room was beautiful, with a fantastic view. It was clean, comfortable and lovely. The staff are very pleasant, and I ordered breakfast for room service and it was awesome. The service, food and room for our business function was all great. There were a few minor errors, but considering that hundreds of people checked in for the weekend for Valentine's, it was understandable. We are going back next year, and I look forward to it!

Room Tip: I would try to get a room with a view. Definitely worth it in Banff.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank feline2ca

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us at the Rimrock. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us on Valentine's day, and look forward to your next visit with us next year.