Our family stayed at the Rimrock for 2nights in April 2014 for a mini-staycation. This is across the road from Banff Upper Hot Springs and about a 5min drive to downtown Banff. We got a 2 Queen standard room with an "obstructed view", and they weren't joking as we face the parking garage. Note to self: pay the extra money for a view room as that defeated the purpose of staying in the mountains.
The highlights of the Rimrock:
- we loved the pool and hot tub, both were big and spacious
- there is a squash court and you can borrow their racquets and balls for free. That was fun for our kids to try
- parking garage was connected to hotel and was heated
- very elegant and classy feel, front desk was very friendly and helpful
The lowlights according to me:
- Self-parking was $16/day. Valet parking was $32/day.
- Several fancy restaurants and bars onsite but it was too pricey for us ($5 for a bowl of cold cereal per the breakfast menu). We opted to have dinner at the Keg downtown instead :)
- Room was very standard and bathroom must have not been renovated yet. Faucets were loose and handles were wiggly.
Overall - the Rimrock is obviously geared towards upper class visitors and business travelers (I think their 6th floor is for conventions). Hotel lobby is actually the 7th floor because the hotel is built on the side of a mountain. We didn't know that going in and was a little confused.
On our next visit, we would not stay at the Rimrock only because we prefer to be closer to downtown (we don't want to drive all the time). For the price, it wasn't great value for our family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rimrock Resort Hotel is a AAA/CAA Four Diamond Hotel located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and Banff National Park. The Rimrock Resort Hotel offers exceptional views of the Canadian Rockies, fine dining, a luxury spa, along with special accommodation packages to suit your vacation needs. With unmatched style, decor and superb hospitality, the Rimrock Resort Hotel is a very special place to visit for a truly remarkable experience. Enjoy the Canadian Rockies in Rimrock style. You will see the difference! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rimrock Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimrock Hotel Banff
- Rimrock Resort Banff
- Banff Rimrock Hotel