“Mountain Oasis”

Rimrock Resort Hotel
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Wonderful stay at the Rimrock - great ambiance, food and wonderful customer service. The room was clean, quiet and the view was spectacular. You can't beat this property in Banff - much better value for your money than the Banff Springs. Every staff member we met went above and beyond to make our stay memorable!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy V

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My spouse and I stayed at the Rimrock last weekend for an early Valentines Day getaway. We could not be happier with the service, cleanliness and delicious food at Eden! We will be returning in the near future and we would recommend the Rimrock to any couples who would like a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lstrang
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had never stayed at the Rimrock so thought we would stray from the Springs and are happy we did so. All the staff (with the exception of our experience in the Larkspur which I will elaborate on later) were amazing. We were made to feel like we were important ant that they would be happy to help us with anything we needed. From taking our luggage to the room to making reservations and recommendations for food at the Grizzly House.

Our room was amazing, clean, INCREDIBLE views, super comfy bed with all the amenities. My only complaint (this is for all hotels not just the Rimrock) is that I don't understand why hotel designers do not get that women need lots of light or at least the option to have more light in the bathroom to apply makeup and do our hair! There were plenty of mirrors which I appreciated, however not so many that I could get appropriate lighting. The lighting was so poor I am not sure how my makeup actually turned out lol

The staff in the Larkspur Lounge were horrible. When we walked in there were 3 girls standing at the front, when we wandered in to find a table if the tables were not occupied they were dirty. Once seated we waited quite some time for a waiter to walk up and say "So?"... Literally that was what his greeting was? We ordered our drinks and an appetizer. When our drinks arrived I requested a straw, well I had to request again 10 minutes later because he had forgotten, but he had walked by 10 times with no food or drink in hand looking blank. All the servers seemed to wander aimlessly with little focus or purpose in their wanderings. They would do better for each server to have a section then they would know which tables were theirs.

We had a couples massage on Sunday and again, service was amazing. Both our massages were worth the extra expense of having them in the hotel.

My only other small complaint is that we utilized valet parking and thought it was heated parking, however the vehicle clearly was not in heated parking overnight. My understanding was that it would be heated and we had left liquids in the vehicle which froze...

Room Tip: Choose a room with a Mountain and Valley view and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelladyAlberta
Reviewed January 31, 2014

great restaurants, bars, spa all in the hotel. Had a very relaxing nice getaway for the night. Nice and close to the gondola too. Would have taken advantage of the free bus passes if we had stayed an extra night. Love the Rimrock!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The hotel and the staff did everything they could to make the wedding run smoothly and beautifully. We got the hotel room together like we requested. The staff were always ready to help with a smile. The venue was upgraded when there was no other engagement booked for the ball room. The wedding coordinator was alway available for our questions and concerns.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Had a wonderful time at the Rimrock on a girls getaway. Food in Larkspur Lounge and Primrose Restaurant was outstanding. Service exceptional. Premium rooms worth the extra for the phenomal view of the mountains. Our room was showing a little wear- some ragged edges at baseboards. Otherwise, just great. Very nice pool/hot tub/fitness room

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here for a course I was attending in Banff, and was so very pleased with my choice in staying here. Staff were pleasant and very accommodating right from the moment we pulled up. We were treated like royalty from everyone we met. The resort is lovely with incredible views of the mountain and the most inviting lounge and largest fireplace I have ever seen in my life.

The hotel is out of Banff a few kilometres however the bus stop is right outside the door and we were given complimentary bus passes for our stay, so rather than driving to our course we took the bus. Nice not having to worry about parking downtown.

Our room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable, I have no complaints at all. Dining was excellent, I swear I had the best steak in my life at the restaurant in this resort. The spa was also wonderful with a nice pool and massive hot tub.

When we went to check out the staff insisted on picking up our luggage from our room (I usually haul all of my things around myself), and by the time checkout was complete our car was up front and items loaded in. Absolutely wonderful and fantastic service. I will definitely be back to this hotel in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business