“Average hotel with above-average prices”

Rimrock Resort Hotel
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Toronto, Canada
“Average hotel with above-average prices”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Not impressed. We were expecting a 4 star hotel experience. We got a 2 star (at 4 star prices). Room wasn't ready. No attempt by desk person to give us a time of when room would be ready despite being asked to do so. Lame. He said he'd call us. He didn't. Room looked into a forest of trees. No mountain view. Yes, I had requested one at my booking 5 months beforehand. Rules, everywhere...'don't open this door', 'kids not allowed unattended', 'closed until 5:30'. What an uptight place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience after your recent stay.

We truly appreciate your constructive feedback and I have passed it on to the respective departments for appropriate follow-up.

I hope that you will return to the hotel.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (903)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gullane, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Rimrock is a very good hotel, with its location the only possible drawback, as it is about two miles uphill near the Gondola. For some, this might not be a worry, as there is a free shuttle bus every 40 minutes from the hotel into the town centre. But if you want to be the centre of town with easy access to the restaurants, you won't want to be here, especially as the restaurants are very expensive. In every other respect the hotel is excellent. The bedroom was extremely comfortable, with everything you need. There is a large swimming pool, a good spa and great views. Charging $16 a night for self parking did seem a bit steep.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for a view - you can see it from elsewhere in the hotel
1 Thank ericmyra
Thank you for sharing your experience! Thank you for joining us all the way from the UK.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel, and appreciate the constructive feedback.

I hope that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary Roam Transit system, as it is a perk we love to be able to provide to our guests.

I hope that you are able to come and stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 5, 2013

OK, you can't afford the Fairmont, this is the next best. Great staff, food, and rooms. It was a lovely stay. You weren't downtown, which was nice. Anyway, it was our first trip together and it was very romantic. Sitting on the balcony, having some wine, looking out over the hills, can't ask for more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin T
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy the mountain views, while relaxing on our balcony. I hope your next trip together will be to The Rimrock.
We look forward to your next stay.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

From the moment you arrive at Rimrock, there is a welcoming warmth like coming home. The accommodations are spacious and every room has a spectacular view. The hospitality of the entire staff and service to all our needs were first rate. Every amenity you'd want is available including terrific restaurants with sumptous meals. The cleanliness was 5 star as well. The Rimrock, its location and spectacular views made Banff an experience we will never forget.

1 Thank travelerduj0ur
I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. We pride ourselves on having passionate and welcoming team members and we are always proud of the service they share.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I look forward to your next stay.

Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for a week back in June. Granted the rooms could use some updating but when you are in a beautiful place like Banff who really cares about the room? We were only in there to sleep and shower.
Great staff. Very helpful and friendly. They have some incredible places to eat in this resort. The lobby area lounge became a quick favorite. Oh to have another Beaver Tail Raspbery Ale and those incredible peanuts with that view. The fireplace was also a great added touch. Huge to say the least.
I would gladly stay here again not only because you are walking distance to the hot springs and the Gondola but because you are away from downtown Banff and there was so much wildlife up on that hill.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tim F
Beaver Tail Raspberry Ale is a personal favourite ~ I am glad that you enjoyed it to!
There truly is nothing like sitting in the mountains, enjoying the views, keeping warm with the luxurious fireplace and indulging in some good food and beverage.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to share that we are currently completing room updates at the property, to our furnishings, and carpet.
I hope that you are able to come back soon to see the changes - and the fall colours coming through the trees are phenomenal.

Yours In Hospitality

Cochrane
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Where do I start. It started with our arrival. We were celebrating our 32 anniversary, and were staying two nights at the Rimrock. We pulled up and were greeted by the door man, and he was very friendly, and I had a very large bouquet of flowers I had hidden from my wife in the trunk. I let him know what I wanted to do, he suggested I go to the front desk. The young lady at the desk took my flowers and had them put in a vase and then delivered them to our room. The rest of the weekend got better. The staff here are incredible, the food is fantastic. The views ares awe inspiring.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a great view. It may cost a bit more, but well worth it.
2 Thank rye4us2
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments, we take pride in our team being the best and most passionate about guest service. Thank you for allowing us to play a small role in your 32nd anniversary.

We look forward to your next stay ~ and helping to make 33 years extra special. Happy Anniversay!

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance

huntsville al
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our last night of an 8 day trip. We drove back to Calgary the next morning to fly home. Our room was large and had a great view of the mountains. The bathroom was large as well. We did not eat at the hotel, but we did take advantage of the free shuttle bus to the downtown area and that was nice. A great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience after your recent stay at The Rimrock Resort Hotel.
I am pleased to read that we made the last day of your trip great! I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip as well ~ maybe on your next trip, you will start with us.

I am glad that you were able to find time to take advantage of the complimentary local transit, and explore the town a bit. It is one of the great features we love to extend to our guests visiting the area and staying with us at The Rimrock.

I look forward to your next stay. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.