I was left with mixed opinion of this truly nice property. Positives first:
1. Solid building, tastefully decorated with all amenities you would expect in the hotel. There is no noise issue as the building is concrete.
2. Located in the nature.. However you must have a car if you want to stay in this hotel as walking into town is 30 mins downhill which means even longer on your return.
1. Hotel charges for parking which I think is unfair since it is located so far away from any alternative parking arrangement that you have no choice but to park there.
2. Hotel is busy and you feel you are treated as a number
3. Requested a quiet room on a higher floor... made to pay more for a room with a view... After waiting for an hour and a half for room to be ready, it ended up a room with a connecting door (not so quiet). Offered an alternative option on lower floor which was not any different than a normal room apart from a nicer view. Promised nicer amenities etc but it was not the case. When requested to view a regular room, they had no staff to do it... in the end I just gave up waiting and just called a Duty Manager who finally waived the extra charge for upgrade... It was my birthday trip and bearing in mind I only asked for a quiet room I thought the whole affair turned into hassle.
4. Despite my experience above I do not want to put you off staying in this property. It is very secluded and stylish hotel. If you like those two descriptions and prepared to pay for it then you are in the right place. I did feel that someone eventually looked after us but I had to speak to a Manager... Product knowledge and staff training as well as absence of a personal touch is clearly apparent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rimrock Resort Hotel is a AAA/CAA Four Diamond Hotel located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and Banff National Park. The Rimrock Resort Hotel offers exceptional views of the Canadian Rockies, fine dining, a luxury spa, along with special accommodation packages to suit your vacation needs. With unmatched style, decor and superb hospitality, the Rimrock Resort Hotel is a very special place to visit for a truly remarkable experience. Enjoy the Canadian Rockies in Rimrock style. You will see the difference! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Rimrock Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimrock Hotel Banff
- Rimrock Resort Banff
- Banff Rimrock Hotel