I am actually staying at the Rimrock right now - been here for several days and thought I'd share my experience. I do a lot of business and personal travel so here are the pros and cons I've seen:
- If you pay for the upgrade, gorgeous view and location (close to the springs and gondola). Further up in the mountains than other hotels
- If you don't have a car, you can take advantage of a free bus service to downtown.
- Beds are comfortable
- Restaurant service at the Larkspur is s-l-o-w (with the exception of one server). It is painful so if you plan to stop by make sure you're not on a time schedule and can burn time. The Primrose is dependent on who you get and if the chef is out front, but if you tell them you need to move faster they will - recommend buffet for breakfast. That said, they did overcharge me this morning.
- Internet service is not always reliable esp. if you need VPN
Trying the spa later so we'll see how that goes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rimrock Resort Hotel is a AAA/CAA Four Diamond Hotel located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and Banff National Park. The Rimrock Resort Hotel offers exceptional views of the Canadian Rockies, fine dining, a luxury spa, along with special accommodation packages to suit your vacation needs. With unmatched style, decor and superb hospitality, the Rimrock Resort Hotel is a very special place to visit for a truly remarkable experience. Enjoy the Canadian Rockies in Rimrock style. You will see the difference! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Rimrock Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimrock Hotel Banff
- Rimrock Resort Banff
- Banff Rimrock Hotel