“Highlight of our trip!”

Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Meath, Ireland
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

My husband, young child and myself stayed at this hotel for one night after traveling over from Ireland. We were making a trip from Saskatchewan to Vancouver and used this hotel as a half way point in between other towns. We found the hotel to be superb! We even contemplating stretching the budget to stay an extra night on the way back.

The staff were fantastic. Our daughter is a three year old and every member of staff was fantastic and interacted with her in a positive manner. Alot of places we stayed at try not to have any dealings with kids at all.

The hot pool on the roof was amazing. We didn't get up to it til late in the evening, and we had the entire pool to ourselves. Just the views and the peaceful environment was enough to make our stay worthwhile.

Our room was fantastic, although we overlooked another side of the hotel, all it took was to turn the chairs to the side and we had a fantastic view of the mountains. My little one sat out on the balcony every chance she had. Was it the cleanest and most up to date room in the world? I don't know, I was on holidays, I didn't care! We were delighted with it, so I can't say one bad word about the room. We didn't hear a noise for the entire night and had a great sleep - it was the first time in Canada we didn't wake up bright and early and felt relaxed enough to lie in bed for a while.

Pricewise, the hotel was the cheapest I had come across online - it was possibly the cheapest we stayed in for our entire trip!

Next time we come to Canada, we will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Etobicoke
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This was my second trip to this hotel. The first time I stayed I was in a regular room and was very pleased with everything. This time around I stayed in the small cabin that is separate and it was perfect for us. My wife and I shared one room with the kids and my mom stayed in another one of the rooms. It had everything you could want to feel like it was your home while staying in Banff including a full kitchen. We picked this room because it was on the main floor and traveling with a stroller can be frustrating with the elevators and stairs in a hotel. At one point the BBQ tank was empty, but a phone call to the front desk and they quickly had it exchanged. Yes, this room comes with a BBQ! My sister stayed in the condos towards the back of the hotel. It is a bit of a walk to get to up the hill, but those rooms are amazing as well. The hot tub is also an amazing place to sit and relax.

It is towards the end of the strip, but it is only a short walk to the main part of town and the hotel did offer a bus service if I am not mistaken.

We didn't use the restaurant this time, but last time they did a great job. I would highly recommend this hotel for its price point and quality of service.

As for Banff itself - there is so much to do that you could spend 2 weeks there easily. Having the full kitchen was a great way to save on not having to eat out in restaurants.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We booked in for the special Christmas package. We paid $139 (+taxes) and got our room, one on one time with Santa for the kids, and breakfast for the four of us. The room was dated but clean and quite big. We played at the indoor pool the morning we left and the kids loved it. The time with Santa was casual and fun for the kids (with no line up). Breakfast at the Wildfire Grill was great. Lots of selection at the buffet and they kept everything filled up. We have stayed in Banff on a number of occasions and never go to the same hotel twice, but we would definitely return to the Inns of Banff.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
wangaratta
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Arrived late on "rocky mountaineer" - too late for hotel restaurant, reception staff directed us to take away food outlet over the road which was fine as we were tired and wanted a quick feed before bed, not much else on offer. Room with balcony and good view, hotel layout consisted of 3 "houses" - access confusing but staff helped us out when we got lost. Roof top pool spectacular! Free bus passes into town from hotel and walking distance to plenty of places to eat. Would stay again

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2010

My husband and I had a very negative experience during our stay (October 22nd to October 24th) at the Inns of Banff. The first room we had was dirty (when we opened the curtains to the small window that night, there were chunky bright red/orange food stains at the top window sill, lots of black scuff marks on the walls and if you can imagine on the outside of the tub, black finger printed around the windows and chucky pieces of who-knows-what on the bottom of the 'clean' glasses.) and in need of maintenance to the shower (stopped working the morning Oct 23rd mid shower) and the heating air duct (made banging noises all night resulting in a broken sleep). The following morning we went to the reception desk to voice our concerns. The first response from supervisor on duty was "Would you like to check out?". I was dumb founded and now wish that I had checked out. I asked if it were possible to have someone fix the issues. Due to the unknown nature of the problems, we were given a new room. At this point we had to pack up all of our belongings, which took two trips to go all the way down to the other end of the hall, to finally get settled into a our new room. That evening we went to the hot pool. On the way we noticed that the 3 or 4 ceiling tiles in the hallway, off the 3rd floor corridor closest to the pool, had collapsed due to a water leak. There was water running from the ceiling and the floor underneath was soaked. I contacted the front desk to see if this had been reported and it had not.
My husband and I stayed at the Ins of Banff two years ago and had a very pleasant experience. This past trip has made us wonder if we'll ever stay there again. I have had issues with suits at other hotels/motel and not once was I ever given the option to check out. I was always given a new room and some sort of compensation such as a free breakfast, percentage off of stay, etc. At no point in my 2nd day/night stay were we ever offered any sort of compensation for the inconvenience that we experienced. All in all, this stay was extremely disappointing and I will not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel.
I would also like to mention that we had forgotten a memory card on the desk in our first room. We still have not been contacted regarded our forgotten item.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lunardjinn

Travelers are raving about these Banff hotels

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The hotel is very old, strating from the carpet that its faded by the patio door from dark green to almost white. The lamp shades had something splatter inside, the batroom tiles had black mildew, black marks all over the walls and the pillows were between a yellow and white color. I mean you get what you pay but this hotel defenetley need some attention.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cecilia1234
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
I am sorry that you did not enjpy your accomodation. The hotel is divided into two distinct areas. The Swiss Village area where you stayed is budget priced, and is adjacent to the main rooms at the Inns of Banff. It sounds like the superior accomodation at the Inns of Banff buildings would have been much more appropriate for your needs. These rooms still offer attractive pricing but feature, exterior balcanies, larger floor spaces, more modern interiors, and many have spectacular views.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed for three nights in a family room, good size with balcony, clean and well kept, great views. At the end of Banff main road about 10minute walk to the shops, but the free bus pass was great, buses every 20 mins, Hotel could do with redecoration but passable.
Hot tub was fantastic with views over the mountians.
Disapointment was the bar in the hotel is not open in summer for some reason, so had to go to the hotel across the road if you want a drink after a hard days hiking!!
Overall great value and freindly staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. I agree that the views from our large outdoor hotpool are some of the best views available in Banff. I am also happy to hear that you took advantage of the complimentary bus service to the downtown area. We hope to see you again soon.