“Worst customer service in Banff”
Review of Inns Of Banff

Inns Of Banff
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel was average it was out dated unfortunately and very confusing trying to find pools and parking etc. However the customer service was the worst I've ever experienced. The one ice machine in the whole hotel was broken and when I went down to the lobby to get ice they seemed very annoyed and sent me to the restaurant to get ice it seemed like they didnt want to help me. Aswell when we ate in the restaurant the food was mediocre but our server again was lazy when i asked for a refill of water she pointed me to the buffet so i could go fill it myself. It was quite annoying. Also one of my friends got to the hotel later then us and the front desk wouldnt let her upstairs without a key, he wouldnt even take her up to the room to prove she knew us he just asked her to leave and luckily she knew people staying at a different resort. It was an okay experience they just need new staff.

Room Tip: try and get a view facing the front of the hotel, the best part is the view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments.
One of the five ice machines in the hotel required servicing. It has been repaired.
Non registered guests are welcome in the hotel until 11pm. If your guests arrived before this time, we would not prevent them from going to your room but for security reasons we would never give out a room number or let not registered guests into your room without approval.
I agree completely, that the front desk should have furbished you with ice and the server should have refilled your water. I will follow up on these comments.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, and our stay overall was very enjoyable. The only negative was that the screen door to our patio was broken, making it a bit difficult to get out. We had a great mountain view, and a nice, clean room - nothing fancy, but certainly pleasant and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hot pool was very nice - fabulous view - I'm sure will be even nicer when it is colder out. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

After a long 12 hour drive, we spent 20 minutes at the hotel trying to find a parking spot. Not fun and the desk clerk was not sympathetic. We had to park near the street and hike our bags up a hill. Clean but depressing rooms. Weird, rubbery sheets. Won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of your room.
The September long weekend brought lots of regional traffic to the hotel and regional traffic tends to put more pressure on the parking facilities then tours who come in buses. As you suggest, we do not have unlimited space but I am confident this occurrence is isolated.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hi we were here july 2013, we only stayed one night as we were passing through. the hotel its self was pretty good, though we did not eat here. The pool was small but adequate and the rooftop pool( big hot tub) would be great in winter.

The hotel is a bit out from the town center (20-30min walk) it has a liquor store across the street.
The rooms were very good (view was not to great).

I recon It would be quite good here in winter for skiing especially with the pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: the first block next to the road has the views the third block at the back is close to the hot tub.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Yes, the roof top pool is great in the winter. Door to door ski bus pickup, an on site ski rental shop, free Wi-Fi, and live entertainment in our cozy Bears Den Pub are just a few of the amenities that make the Inns of Banff a great winter choice.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean and had an amazing view from the balcony! It is the first hotel on the main road (furthest away from everything) had to drive alot of places due to distance.. This hotel is very large with multiple buildings. This hotel was good and I would recommend it to others, personally if I find myself back on banff I will try and get a hotel closer to downtown

• Stayed: August 2013
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We are a 15 minute walk to the downtown area but guests of the Inns of Banff are welcome to use our complimentary bus service. Passes are available 24 hours at our front desk.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good hotel where the ski bus stops first so no waiting if busy.. 15 min walk to town is enjoyable and not too cold if you wrap up. Never eaten here as the keg was our favourite. Bumpers over road also good. Can keep skis in room as they don't seem too fussed also nice toiletries. Bit dated but your here for the snow right.

• Stayed: December 2012
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

We are looking forward to another exciting ski season. Ski buses for all the hills pick up and drop off right at the front door of the hotel. The hotel also has a ski rental shop right in our lobby.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is very easy to find as it is one of the first you encounter when arriving in Banff. It is about a 15 minute walk from downtown, which doesn't seem like much until you've been out hiking all day.

It is an acceptable hotel and not super expensive. I had two main complaints about the hotel. The first is that I have never stayed in a hotel with such thin floors/ceilings. My ceiling creaked every single time the person in the room above me took a step. It made it very difficult to sleep; I ended up going out and buying ear plugs. The other difficulty for me was that the room was extremely dry. The heating is base board heating and there is no ac. Each night I would have to get up 4-5 times to drink a glass of water as my throat would be painfully dry.

If I were going to Banff again I'd probably rather spend an extra $20 a night and get something a little closer to downtown with nicer rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim B
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

The Swiss Village complex where your room was located is our lowest price point. The rooms in the Inns of Banff building are slightly more expensive but are also an upgraded product. We also offer completely renovated condo units some with spectacular views.