We had a very enjoyable stay in Banff last week. We booked chalet #116 and it was awesome! Very small, but cozy, warm and fun with the deer coming right up to the door. It's not a 4 Star resort and I guess it's all a result of your expectations. The cleanliness of the chalet depends on your level of cleanliness. To me, it was fine (and I am a germ-a-phobe). The corners of the rooms could be a little cleaner, but it didn't bother me. Very small rooms but lots of places to put your things. It is an A-frame so that limits the amount of space. Two twin beds each in separate bedrooms upstairs and a main bedroom downstairs. I won't call it a master-bedroom because you had very little room to walk in there. However small it was, it was tidy, cute and cozy. I could have stayed longer, but that's just me. The rest of our family of 4 agreed. The only downfall is that they open the water-park to the public and even for the guests of the resort, not until 4PM. It was VERY crowded. I would hope that for the amount of money spent to stay, they could give the guests of the resort an earlier time to enjoy it without all of the people. Our kids spent about half an hour and then wanted to leave because of the crowd. All-in-all it was a good stay though. Just don't set your standards too high and you will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff