The facilities at the Dougal Fir are so much fun for families, it's too bad that they haven't put anything back into the rooms. They are in need of some refreshing. Our door was broken, thankfully we figured it out, but it's too bad that the staff didn't notice and we came back from the pool to find our door wide open. The wood burning fireplace is nice to have in the room, it is too bad something was wrong with ours, it probably needed cleaning as we left the room for a couple of minutes to put our PJs on and came back to find the room filled with smoke and ashes. We also had an issue with our oven, I turned it on to preheat and opened it when it beeped to put our meal in and a huge puff of smoke set off the fire alarms and the smell was awful. We'd like to come back, for the playplace and pools, but I will probably research other options until I hear that they've clean this place up a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff