The resort's webpage states that the extra charge for pets is "We pay special attention to our pet friendly rooms. Therefore, there is a pet charge of $25.00 per day per dog (all taxes included), to cover additional cleaning charges." REALLY??
We entered our room to very dirty floors, and a couch full of old chips, cheezies and popcorn. There was dirt in the tub. That was the plainly obvious stuff. (the hairdryer cord - gross - covered in old toothpaste and grunge) I brought the floors / couch to front desk attention and we went out for a few hours. On return, the couch had been cleaned up but the floors were still dirty. Does this resort not own a decent vaccuum so that they can pay "special attention" to their pet friendly rooms? I resented paying the $25/day for my non-shedding pup.
Another disappointment, was I woke one morning to a flat tire. We had to get to a booked excursion. I went to the front desk and explained the situation and that we had to get to Canmore for our booking - could someone give me hand changing the tire? Their response was to look up a local garage number and hand it to me on a piece of paper.
Thanks ... ? That should only take at least an hour to get someone up here...
Were I behind the desk, I would have said, "What's the name of your tour company? I'll give them a call and let them know what's happened for you and see if it's alright if you're a little late. I'll get ahold of our maintenance guy on site here and see if he can give you a hand."
Instead, I went out and flagged down a fellow resort resident who was gracious enough to lend a hand. (the resort maintenance guy to his credit spotted us changing the tire and offered to lend a hand, but we were nearly done)
So ... for the $200 less it was to stay here for the 3 nights, I'd stay elsewhere. You can pay to go to their waterslides as a family if you want to anyway if not staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff