I stayed for three nights here with my brothers - a bachelors weekend for a bike race. We had the one bedroom with a loft so we all had our own queen bed. there is even an extra pull out if you need another. We had a wood burning fireplace a small kitchen and three flat screen TVs. It was spacious and clean. there is a washroom up in the loft and a 5 piece downstairs. We had room 122 right on the end and were happy. I stayed a fourth night with my family (3 kids ages 2, 4 and 5). We took advantage of the water park. It is geared for a slightly older family than ours. Their two slides are good slides and you can get going really fast if you want on them, but it is slide one at a time. After working up to it, even our two year old went by herself with a life jacket (that they provide) as long as my wife was at the top and I was at the bottom. Teenagers were having a blast on them as you can really get going. They also have a games room, a steam room a large hot tub and then in a separate area another decent size swimming pool with a smaller hot tub. THere is also a 3 story indoor playground with some cool slides and mazes. And you are at the top of Tunnel Mountain, in the Banff wilderness, but only 2km down the road into the heart of downtown. Fantastic location without having to fight the Banff parking - and they have a free shuttle running into banff and back all the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff