Since our kids could walk we've been going to the Douglas Fir Resort. The waterslides, hot tub, play area, kitchen, fireplace are all wonderful. My only complaint (which made for a rather horrible sleep) is the poor poor quality in bedding provided. The comfort of the bed was fine however I would never dream of providing only a top sheet, thin blanket and horribly misshaped pillows to my family. This appears to be perfectly adequate for a family resort brimming with families and small children.
Aside from this we love the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff