In my 25 years of travelling experience, this was the worst place to sleep. It was extremely hot and dry on the second floor. The temperature control did not seem to help when we tried to turn down the heat. The resort is very dated and hard to find your way around to amenties because you have to go thru different hallways to get anywhere, it's like a maze. The assigned parking spots in the undergroung parking ceiling are low and have pipes running above. I have a small brand NEW SUV which got damaged when I opened the trunk and it hit the pipes above. While the water slides were fun for the kids, there's no lifeguards to control how many kids go at once, an injury inevitable if parents are not minding their kids. This is my first and last time at Douglas Fir.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff