This place is awesome. If u are looking for a top of the line fancy room then go somewhere else. We reserved a one bedroom condo that had a pull down double Murphy bed in the living room. Our two kids slept on it and the mattress was great! Way better than a sofa bed which was also in the living room but there wouldn't have been any room for it for be opened up. So it was nice to have a couch to sit on while the bed was down. The room also had a small round table for four, and a full kitchen-with a dishwasher and soap tabs for it! The kitchen came fully complete with everything from frying pans to wine glasses to kettle to boil water for tea-which was also in the room. The was a toaster and coffee maker. We received coffee packets each day. The room was very clean considering there are wood panels on the walls so I thought maybe there would be spider webs but I didn't find one anywhere! Was very pleased. Our queen bed in our bedroom was very comfortable and there were two flat screen tv's-1 in living room and one in bedroom. Full bathroom had a huge deep tub and the shower had lots of pressure. It really feels as if this was your own homey condo. I would next time ask to get the upper floor instead of being in the lower part of the condo. Internet was iffy due to being on the bottom. There is a liquor store and a mini grocery convenience store near the lobby. Our kids LOVED the ginormous indoor tree play structure!!! There is also a simple pool and little hottub for hotel guests only. The water slides are open to the public. We have young kids (7 and 5) so much preferred the regular pool since there are two watersides but not really a pool to swim in(it is separate from the hotel pool). We loved being able to make our own full breakfasts and have a fridge and freezer in our room. We will also be staying here again-anytime we are back in banff for another quick weekend getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff