LIKES: We liked the comfy beds, new TV's, stunning vistas, great location away from town, free bus, friendly and helpful staff, wood-burning fireplace, wildlife, village experience.
PROBLEMS: This resort is overpriced.The building construction is deficient. There is no soundproofing so you hear and feel the activity of neighbours. The living room was always cold. There was ice on the INSIDE of the balcony sliding doors. We had to close the curtains and barricade the floor with pillows and blankets, and couldn't enjoy the awesome view. Replacing the rattling windows and leaking doors might save on heating costs. Weatherstripping on the entry door might help too. The decor was dated, shabby and dark. The 1960's cheap motel floral bedspreads (try duvets) and uncoordinated furnishings were amateurish not rustic. The 1 bedroom +loft (Room 146) was smaller than the photos would imply. We couldn't watch a movie because the ripped and sagging sofa didn't accommodate 3 adults and it abutted the freezing glass door. I made 2 requests for an armchair, and they recommended using a kitchen chair or barstool. I have rented condos in Colorado for less money, with ensuite laundry, garage, soundproofing, view, new furnishings and good skiing. But the US mall-obsessed towns don't compare to the wilderness experience of Banff and Canada's spectacular parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff