We were very pleased to upgrade to Charlton's and had a wonderful stay in a gorgeous loft suite. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We have absolutely no complaints in regard to our stay. The king-bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was spotless. However, it wasn't until after we checked out that we ran into some complications.
Despite having paid in full upon check-in, we were not informed that the pre-authorisation for the ENTIRETY of our booking would not be "unfrozen" until check-out. Had we been advised of this we could have planned accordingly. Instead, we were left to assume that it had been removed upon check-in.
A tip for future travellers: Rather than the hotel having upwards of $1,000 on your credit card to play with, I would recommend that you wait until check-out to pay.
Despite this inconvenient hiccup, our stay was wonderful and I would still recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charltons Banff is located 5 blocks from downtown Banff. This 3.5 star resort was created in the classic alpine style with natural cedar, combined with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, it makes the Charltons Banff the perfect Rocky Mountain Retreat. Start the day with a complimentary Continental Breakfast. After a busy day of mountain activities relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Charlton's Banff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlton`s Cedar Court Hotel Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Hotel Banff