We stayed here during a last minute weekend in Banff. While searching for rooms online, this seemed like the best deal (guaranteed king bed, fireplace, etc) but when I went to book it, it was suddenly sold out. Fortunately I checked the hotel website and was able to book the room that way, so I would definitely recommend trying that before anything else.
Having been to Banff many times, I was familiar with this hotel and the location. We were checked in quickly by the very friendly front desk staff, and left to navigate the way to our room from there. As it is the dead of winter at the moment, I really didn’t like the fact that the room access is all outdoors, because our room was on the far side of the property (no view, but plenty of privacy). The main (living) room is quite small, with a fireplace, loveseat and table, TV, bar area, and bathroom. There was no tub in the bathroom which wasn’t a big deal, but the lighting was terrible. Up the winding staircase was a spacious bedroom with a king size bed and TV. We noticed it was extremely hot up there, but while trying to turn the heat down, we inadvertently turned the downstairs into a freezer. Not fun during middle of the night bathroom runs! The bed and pillows were very clean and comfortable, no issues at all.
Our stay included a complimentary continental breakfast, which was great. Mostly cold items like fruit, cereal, muffins, and juice - perfect to tide you over for a few hours. We skipped the Hot Springs and instead enjoyed the pool and hot tub at the hotel - it was very clean and not too busy - we loved it. The hotel was full but fortunately it was quiet, we had a wonderful stay and we felt we definitely got what we paid for. The staff also accommodated our late check-out with no problems.
I probably wouldn’t stay here again, just because I prefer a different style of hotel, but it met our needs and we had no complaints. The fireplace loft suite was perfect for 2 - such a cute little room - but would probably be a little cramped to accommodate more. All in all it was a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charltons Banff is located 5 blocks from downtown Banff. This 3.5 star resort was created in the classic alpine style with natural cedar, combined with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, it makes the Charltons Banff the perfect Rocky Mountain Retreat. Start the day with a complimentary Continental Breakfast. After a busy day of mountain activities relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Charlton's Banff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlton`s Cedar Court Hotel Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Hotel Banff