“hotel stay”
Review of Charlton's Banff

Charlton's Banff
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed February 15, 2013

staff friendly and helpful, hot tub great, pool small, continental breakfast great, hot beverages always available. design of the facility, like a maze, outdoor corridors needed to get to pool beside the office. room heater noisy, outside of building dated, but interior of room updated nicely, stayed in the kitchenette, pots dirty, stovetop,bar fridge, adequate, found price of kitchenette $high, similar room through expedia cheaper in canmore. tip I always prewash any dishes or utensils.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan P

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We are in Banff almost every weekend for Skiing and the Charlton's family friendly atomosphere is always welcome. The kids have fun in the pool the rooms are clean and well equipped. The staff is always helpful and patient when the kids get a little loud in the pool. Highly recommended !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If the heat was turned on it was toooo warn up stairs, and if you turned down the heat it was cold down stairs. The stairs were difficult to navigate with your suit cases, and you had to go outside to enter the pool.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bvg51
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were disapointed. The layout and facilities are not ideal. Hotel is clean however the cutlery and crockery in our kitchenette was not.
Furniture and decor is dated
Walls offer no sound insolation. Fans are noisy. Babies are crying.
Very limited in facilities. One ice machine in the parking lot. No water fountain at pool.
Shall I carry on;
We enjoyed our weekend and the staff is very friendly

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1234AGS
Reviewed January 17, 2013

WE really enjoyed our stay. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We originally stayed in a loft suite (room 222) but it was very drafty--we could see daylight around the door. When we turned the heat up it was still chilly and the upstairs loft became unbearably hot. When we mentioned this to the front desk the next morning we were put in a beautiful queen suite, which was all on one level. Thoroughly enjoyed the roominess and the gorgeous bathroom with the soaker tub. I was happy it had a little fridge. We had dinner at the Evergreen restaurant at the Delta (their sister hotel) a couple of doors down. Terrific food and service. The complimentary continental breakfast was simple but adequate.

Room Tip: If you go in the winter I would suggest not getting a loft suite. It's too hard to regulate the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SmittyCalgary
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Booked this hotel using hotwire (indicated it was a 3-star property) shortly after New Year's. I was very impressed with the hotel. Our room was on the smallish size, but was very comfortable and cozy. A simple continental breakfast was offered, which was a nice touch. Hotel seems to be operated by Delta Hotels - so it would explain the standard to which everything was maintained and kept up.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end seem of the floor seem to be on the smaller side. Get a room in the middle of the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FlipperDub
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked a Kitchenette which has two bedrooms, separated by the kitchenette/bathroom area. My Mother in law took the one bedroom with my wife and I in the other. Ongoing througout the night there were bursts of noise outside our door from people walking by/stopping to converse, yelling, playing tag, etc. Politely asking people in the walkways to keep it down didn't achieve anything as there was a constant stream of newcomers. There is no way to secure the area as the hallways and stairways are outside (general public can come and go as they please). There was no one downstairs (the front desk is unmanned after hours). I was expecting that it was only my sleep that was constantly interrupted. In the morning I found out that my Mother in law didn't sleep either. It seems there were similar activities taking place outside the door at the other end of the kitchenette. In the morning I was asked by the Front Desk Clerk during checking out, "How was your stay?", to which my response was "Of the thousands of hotel stays i've had, this is by far the second worse". The response was "I'm sorry about that. I'll let management know.". We were so exhausted the next morning that instead of taking in more touring of Banff, we simply headed home. Lastly, no one from the hotel (management) contacted me for follow up.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family