Bow View Lodge
$330
$304
$487
$375
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$353
$277
$527
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$345
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$264
$253
Cancelon
All reviewssister hotelgreat locationtwo blocksolder hotelview roomthe main streetsteam roomcoffee makerwi fismall balconybit datedtwo double bedsclose to downtownfront desk staffpool and hot tubdowntown banffshops and restaurants
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Bow View Lodge is a great place to stay for a couple, its a fantastic price for its location. The river view rooms are delightful and the rooms are very clean. We booked a room with a queen size bed and it was very comfortable and the linen was nicely washed. Don't let the size of the rooms or the age of the hotel fool you, the stay is grand and concierge was very polite and helpful. One problem however is the parking lot near the hotel, very close fitting and difficult for trucks and the shower is weird to run haha. Other than that the stay was wonderful and I would go back here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank MorrNia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My family of four (two teenage sons) stayed one night here as we travelled through Alberta last summer. The hotel was basic, but roomy enough for our family. Parking was an issue...they have free parking, but not enough of it. However, there is lots in the Banff Park Lodge next door, under the building. We would have preferred the convenience of parking right by the hotel, but it all worked out. There are no frills with this hotel and alas...no air conditioning. Dont listen to what they say about cool mountain air. There was no cool air the 2nd week of July 2012. I couldnt sleep, though my husband and boys could, so I took a hand towel and wet it and kept it by my bed...The hotel did not provide any fans when I asked. I am sure this policy might be the same for other hotels as well. Otherwise, it was clean and I would consider it again. Great location very near shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank elnbryant
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Attended a conference in Banff and this "hotel" acts as overflow for the Banff Park Lodge (same ownership I believe). As such there is no restaurant here, just rooms.

The room was small-ish but adequate with only 1 bed, although I heard grumbles from other conference attendees about cramped conditions (which I presume was from 2 beds in the room). That said, the room was very clean, average amenities, decent linens, and dead quiet except the freight trains that go by 2-3 times per night.

It is on the edge of downtown (meaning a 3 minute walk at most) and hard on the Bow river which is scenic.

So it is a decent, average, place to sleep and I guess that's what matters the most.

Room Tip: There is a charge for internet access, but I booked through Expedia which said it was included with the room so I got it for free.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Powel C
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I spent our 10th anniversary in Banff and we were very pleased with Bow View Lodge. The building is right on the Bow River and the view we had late in the afternoon with the sun setting was breath taking. The management knowing of our anniversary had a beautiful basket of wine and champagne waiting for us in the room. They were helpful in directing us to some of the great restaurants and guided hikes in Banff. The room itself was clean, it's a little dated, but we were happy with the accomodations. For the price you can't go wrong. My wife and I would definitely stay here again when we return to that part of the country. Enjoy!!

Jerod

Room Tip: I believe we paid an extra few dollars to stay in a river view, it wasn't much more than the city view, but it was well worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daspike75
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Had such a comfy room to relax and feel at home here in Banff. The fall colors where out and rustling of the trees so nice to see. In the morning out in the front we got to see a mom,dad, and baby moose eating leaves off the trees. Such a nice treat like out in the country. Not in a busy city!

• Stayed: September 2012