“5th Banff Constellation Retreat Was a Success!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Banff Voyager Inn

Banff Voyager Inn
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Evans, Washington
“5th Banff Constellation Retreat Was a Success!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

For the 5th year All My Relations Constellations and Creative Attention held a Constellation Retreat in Banff. Participants and presenters were cared for by the Spruce Grove Inn and Banff Voyager Inn. Both accommodations working together provided the participants varied fee options. The conference room was wonderful, windows directly facing the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
We had privacy for the Workshop, and the staff provided a warm soup/sandwich luncheon for each of the conference days. We were well attended to. The conference was attended by a number of participants who were multilingual and the variety of linguistic skills and cultural experiences of the staff complimented our experience. There was warmth in the staff which helped to create a sense of comfort for the participants.
The 6th Banff Constellation Retreat in Dec 2009 is something I am already looking forward to, when we will again return to the Spruce Grove Inn and the Banff Voyager Inn.
Francesca Mason Boring
All My Relations Constellations

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
BanffVoyagerInn, Front Office Manager at Banff Voyager Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review about our properties and staff! We always appreciate receiving feedback as we work to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our guests. We truly enjoyed hosting the Constellation group and we look forward to further working with you in 2009!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

I stayed here in MAR08 for 2 weeks.
Nice Hotel but location-wise it was a bit out of the way especially if you don't drive. Its right at the end of the main road. Room was always clean. There is a petrol station next door which is handy as there is a Dominos pizzeria inside. Ski-bus would come and pick up from hotel so that was good. Breakfast room was small. Overall nice hotel, nice friendly staff.

• Liked — Staff & Room
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

We paid $340.14 for a two night stay in Sep(19,20), which seemd high. They had vacancies when we arrived, so maybe people coming in at short notice got a better deal. Here are things that happened to us:
1) When we arrived, they could not find our reservations(through Expedia). They had booked us for Aug by mistake. Fortunately we had our prepaid confirmation, and they had rooms to give us another reservation. Otherwise we would be out of luck.
2) The room was ok, for such a high price.
3) I am a photographer and on returning home found I had left a lens hood behind. I called on Sep 25 and talked to Julia in housekeeping. She was very helpful and said she found it .
4) Even though I felt the hotel could mail me back such a small item , given I paid so much for my room, I told Julia to charge my card for regular mail to the US. She said someone from the front desk would call me before mailing it , to have me approve the charges.
5) I did not hear anything for over a week and called again. This time Julia forwarded me to Eric, the duty manager. He said it would cost about $10 and he was 'mailing it today'.
6) Another ten days passed - no packet. I called several times and different people over two days this week. with not calls returned. Finally today I heard from Adam at the front desk that the package was still there!
7) After several attempts I got a hold of Peter, the operations manager. I told him that the hotel should pick up the tab for the expedited shipping as I needed the lens hood urgently, and the delay was their fault. He refused. When I told him that there were several places on the internet where I could write a review on his hotel, his answer was 'You are threatening me - I am going to throw your item in the garbage as it has been over 30 days". I was shocked at such rudeness and reminded him that it was not yet 30 days. At this point, he looked up my information in their system, took my credit card number and said he would mail the packet to me tomorrow by regular mail. I don't know if it will ever arrive.
8) All this has left an extremely bad taste in my mouth and with such poor service for a high off season cost, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Disliked — Rude staff, poor service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank pmphoto

Travelers are raving about these Banff hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

The hotel room we stayed in was not maintained to a reasonable standard for the money we were paying! The room was small and dingy.
There was mould in the bathroom and above the window.
Peeling paint, the back of bathroom door was filthy and water stained. Large stain on the ceiling. The room we were given was very noisy, just up the ramp from reception so got a lot of through traffic. The water pipes around our room were noisy so we were kept awake by other people's ablutions and then woken up early by more! Also, we had a pleasant surprise the next morning when someone had ditched last nights take-away off their balcony onto the front of our car parked below...Cheers!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — maintenance of room!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank TeamBavers
Cambridge, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

Our room was comfortable with plenty of space but was next to the Husky Gas station. Noise went on all night and coaches and trucks parked in the road and started their engines to set off very early in the mornings.
I'm sure that on the other side of the hotel everything would've been fine.
Food was fine and there was a pool and a hot tub.
Added bonus of a liquor store in house to buy cold beer!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cambridgefox
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2008

We were a little worried when checking in that we might have a bad experience, given the fact that this is one of the cheapest options in Banff and attracts a potentially "frat house" type crowd as a result. The facility itself is a little odd, with a basement pool/fitness area that appears more like a prison block. However, the rooms are perfectly acceptable and clean. We got lucky that our neighbors were all quiet, but I'd probably hesitate to stay there again due to the above average risk of rowdy neighbors. The hotel is located a good walk from the downtown area, but it is really not that far for anyone that is in decent health. Given the downtown traffic even in off-peak season, it is a good option to avoid fighting for parking.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Other guests
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dogfish60min
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2008

My wife and I stayed here in late December for two nights in a Queen bed room. We decided to try Voyager Inn due to its cheaper price ($100 per night). The room was a bit dark (one light had blown) but spacious, clean and reasonably comfortable. The bathroom was clean and big and the shower was fantastic! The room was made up every day and the staff were fine.

The hotel has a buffet resturant where we had breakfast once but the food was very average.

The hotel is located at the end of Banff Ave (main street) and is about 15 minutes from the centre of town by foot. Across from the hotel there is another hotel (next to a Japanese resturant) where you can catch a bus to Lake Louise Resort (40 minutes, $15 return), so that is great too.

Overall, I would recommend it for people who are going to be out most of the day but want a comfortable clean and affordable place to stay at night.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple