Banff Voyager Inn
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$235
$217
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$246
$211
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$304
$241
$343
$269
  • Pool
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$196
  • Restaurant
$306
$294
  • Restaurant
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$257
$219
Orbitz.com
$227
$193
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 18, 2013

For a resort community, you'd think even the most basic of hotel accommodations would provide better rooms and service for the price they ask for. I've stayed at places even cheaper than here, both within Banff and Jasper, and they've had superior everything. Apparently they're upgrading, but until they do something about the service quality of their staff (they were slow and confused) it won't really make any difference.

Room Tip: That's easy. Don't stay at this hotel. Guaranteed you will find something better and most likely at a better rate.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryshtyan
David B, General Manager at Banff Voyager Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your review and the Hotels will certainly take your comments and use them towards improving all areas of the operations.
It is unfortunate that you did receive the best service from the staff on duty because this (Guest Services) is an area that we continually work on and is an area that the staff receive a lot of thanks & positive feed back.
Again many thanks for your comments and feed back

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Okay, first of all, I knew nothing about Banff except it can be expensive so when I saw a deal on Groupon I thought sure I'll try it. Well, if you are just looking for a place to sleep and don't care about comfort and amenities you'll be fine. On the other-hand, I like my comforts of life especially when I am on vacation trying to enjoy myself. The motel just didn't do it for me. I really should have researched this motel better. There is no curb appeal. Don't go by the pictures. The desk staff was nice enough, the room was clean and the ice machine did work. Now, I want to say there is no air conditioning. My husband and I are hot natured and this was horrible and we barely slept not to mention the beds gave us backaches. The internet did not work well and we like our technology. Our room was right on the street so lots of street noise. The breakfast was a joke and not much to choose from or you could pay extra to add the hot breakfast which didn't look much better. I'm glad I brought my hairdryer against what my husband thought because there wasn't one in the room. The overall opinion is that this motel is rundown and needs extensive remolding and upgrades. No, I would not stay here again. Pay the extra money if you can and stay somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Evid01

Hello,

The Hotel is sorry to hear that your recent stay was not to the level of expectations you had; it was good to hear that the desk staff were nice and helpful and that you found the room to be clean & tidy but it is unfortunate to hear about the less satisfactory aspects.
It is always usefully to get Guest comments as it helps towards the Hotels continues efforts to improve.
The Hotel is going through the goal of continually trying to upgrade & renew but this in such an older property is a long process: being an older property it does not have air conditioning (which is probably only need in Banff for about 3 years a year) like a number of Banff hotels: the Hotel's sister property Spruce Grove Inn which is next door & a newer property does have air conditioning.
The free Wi-Fi service is proving to be a challenge this summer what with the location and the greatly & ever increasing demand our system does have problems sometimes keeping up with demand; the Hotel is working with its Wi-Fi provider to upgrade & improve the service.
It is regretfull that you did not find the complimentary breakfast up to standard as it is an area for which the hotel has received a number of positive reviews - it includes juices, tea, coffee, a number of ceral choices, toast, fresh fruit salad, fresh grapefruit, yogurt, various pastries & muffins etc. plus it is a buffet which entitles Guest to take as much as they want and as often as they want.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We booked online for this hotel for 2 nights in a twin double bed room, when we got there the rude woman told to go to the next hotel cause we were staying there then turned away from us. We walked over to the Spruce Inn and got another rude man telling us we had a single room for one night, we were not happy and told him so. He blamed the hotel next door for the stuff-up, he did give us a King Corner room on the top floor which he said was quieter( NOT) and handed over the breakfast vouchers before turning away to talk to his Asian customers. What he didn't do was give us any info on where the breakfast was held or what time it was, not good enough for the price we paid! We stayed here from July 11th til 13th.

Room Tip: at the back on the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anne d

Good day to you,

I am so sorry to hear that your recent visit to the Hotel was nowhere near your expectations; your observations and comments have been brought up and discussed with the departments involved.
Your unsatisfactory experiences were an obvious concern especially when it comes to Guest Service & staff service because these are particular areas that the Hotel receives many positive comments, praise and feed back on in particular from our many overseas visitors.
Again I truly thank you for your feed back and the areas of concern will be again & repeatedly worked on with the staff.
Sincere regards.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

A decent room if you are only planning to sleep in it. I was out and about all day so no big deal. Check-in was great...girl was very friendly and most helpful. The restaurant was good too, except the one morning when I seated myself (the sign in front says wait to be seated). I proceeded to and them was moved (while in the middle of my breakfast) because a larger group had showed up. I commented that it was inconvenient and she proceeded to say...well lady, you are not the only one in this hotel! Very rude indeed. Walls are paper thin and you can here people peeing in the next room but again, you get what you pay for. Check our was a terrible experience. Stood at desk for 10 mins until someone decided to show up. He was a complete [--]. Didn't say good morning....or thank you...or how my stay was. Spent $700 and not even a thank you. These people tend to forget that I (a guest) am the reason they are in business. Will not stay there again NOR would I recommend to anyone else. The upside is that the money I saved on hotel costs, I splurged on sovenirs :). Will be writing a letter to management when I get back home as the owners needled to know the kind of staff they are hiring.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mary S

Good day,

The Hotel certainly thanks you for your constructive comments (even less than good ones) as it uses them when training staff and whilst always striving to improve especially in the area of Guest Service.

It is good to hear that your check in experience was good & welcoming as was most of your experience in the restaurant. Unfortunately the restaurant service was not up to standard on one occassion and as such the Restaurant Manager has been informed & she has gone over the policies & processes with her staff; because even though your experience was so very far from the normal (the restaurant & guest services staff get many compliments) it can never happen again.

I am obviously concerned that your check out experience was not good and I am somewhat surprised as the Front Desk is a 24 hour operation and the only time it might be unmanned for a short time would be during the middle of the night (when the night audit/security is doing his 'rounds"). It certainly appears that your experience was not up to the standards that are normally offered & are expected, the Front Desk manager will be addressing these matters with her team & additional training is being given.

Again many thanks for your observations.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here July 5-7, worst mistake ever! I got a groupon for a room with 2 Queen beds so I thought perfect with a little discount it will be alright. We tried to check in at 330 to find the front desk girl very rude and unfriendly and told us check in wasn't till 4 then turned her back to us. We came back an hour later to get our room. Walking into the room I noticed one bed was hard looked like they had a sheet of plywood under it and the other looked as though there was a huge indent in the bed... Yup there was! The rooms were hot and muggy and the walls are paper thin. They give u vouchers when You check in for 7.00 towards breakfast so we went down the next morning to find there was a free continental breakfast and the voucher was good towards the hot breakfast which u pay another 7.30 upon for bacon and eggs at a buffet.
The pool was out side, small and depending if it was sunny out depended on how warm it was. The hot tub was atrocious, mold all over the tiles, the jets didn't work, and water stains all over the ceiling with a hint of moldy musky damp smell to go along with it. Then the front desk lady came to out room who could not speak English and used her key to open the door to check if anyone was in the room, it was well passed cleaning time so they would have known this info already. The distance into town is a drive but totally doable. U could walk it but it will take 30 mins... Don't do it, spend the extra and go somewhere else... Horrible worst most disgusting hotel ever!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank amielynn80

Thank you for your observations & comments.

The hotel always welcomes "Constructive" comments and observations (even poor ones) as they help with the on-going training and developing of the staff and operations.
It is difficult to investigate some of the observations as it is hard to relate them to the hotel & its operations - no bed in either Hotel (the next door hotel - Spruce Grove Inn a much newer property) has a sheet of anything (let alone plywood) under them: the hotel has no Guest Service Agents that can not speak absolutely fluent english: the outdoor pool is heated (it is not dependant on the weather) and is currently in regular guest use as is the indoor hot tub (which has had zero issues with non working jets).

But again the hotel thanks you for your observations and will use them in the on-going training programs.