Elk + Avenue Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,656 results
All reviewsbanff international hotelgreat locationceiling fanunderground parkingloft roomthe main streetshops and restaurantsski busfront desk staffhot tubcentre of townclose to downtownmini fridgebeds were comfortablemountain viewlake louisesafeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked through Hotel.com: fantastic price, great value for what you get, clean and well attended services. Right on the main thoroughfare Banff Avenue. Great restaurants are near by, Food store Safeway is across from it. Very convenient location. Would stay agin.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Wtun
bihmanagement, Manager on Duty at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Wutn

Greetings from the Banff International Hotel!

I was pleased to learn of the exceptional experience you received while you were with us and that you enjoyed the fantastic location of the hotel. It is very practical indeed, close to all the shops and restaurants.

We are happy to have had a positive impact on your stay, as we do take great pride in offering the best services possible to our guests.

Thank you for sharing with us, and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Initially booking this hotel by accident, I have no regrets, and ended up extending my stay! Hotel is in a fantastic central location, with shops and restaurants right on the doorstep. Ricky's restaurant is the in-house restaurant and there is also a shop that organises tours inside the hotel which I found really handy.
I stayed at this hotel for a week, staff Ben and Alyse were really excellent and accommodating. I initially stayed in a room at the back of the hotel which was quiet (109), and then upgraded to a room overlooking the street (301) that had awesome views, but was a little noisy on weekends but I loved it. This hotel is comfortable and has everything that you need for a great stay. Can do own laundry using coin operated machines which is really great! If you are fussy individual or a light sleeper, then this may not be the place for you, but whatever this hotel may lack is made up by the fantastic location and the great staff! Buses leave from right next door to the ski fields which is great, and tour companies do door to door service. I am definitely staying here when I return at the end of the year:)

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back of hotel, which wont have a view. If you don't care choose one that overlooks the courtyard/road as the mountain views are amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Leese D
bihmanagement, Manager on Duty at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Leese,

Greetings from the Banff International Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am very happy to hear we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one and that you were able to make good use of our guest facilities and enjoy our excellent location.

We do take pride in offering the best possible service to our guests. I have taken the liberty to pass your comments on to the team members who made an extra positive impact during your stay.

Thank you again for sharing with us and we truly look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a conference and stayed here. It was in a great location. The hotel itself was fairly dated and the wifi was terribly slow. The treadmill was good and the beds were comfortable. The shower had lots of pressure although it definitely looked well used

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ryan P

Dear Ryan

Greetings from the Banff International Hotel!

It was a pleasure for us to host your visit to Banff.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We found it a joy to have hosted you in house.

Thank you again for sharing your constructive comments with us, we do take take and we truly look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here for the most part. The room was a bit on the small side and its view out the window was a wall but it was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I liked that the duvets on the bed were very clean and white. We tried out the hot tub but it wasn't very hot and there was only one clean towel (and lots of dirty ones strewn around). We found the staff very nice.

There is not enough parking spaces in their underground parking. We were able to park underground when we checked in during the afternoon but then we went out for dinner and came back there was absolutely no parking spaces. People had also parked all along the walls in any place they could so it was even difficult to get through the parkade to get out. I ended up parking a way down the street and was worried about my vehicle. The other issue with their parking is that there are no handicapped parking spots. I had to drop my husband off at the hotel and then go and find a parking space and he has a handicapped plackard.

We had breakfast at Ricky's restaurant in the hotel and it was very good. Our waitress wasn't very attentive but fortunately the manager was and she made up for it.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of Banff instead of the wall
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank smileytech
bihmanagement, Manager on Duty at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Smiley

Greetings from the Banff International Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to have been a positive part of your Banff holiday.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed yourself while staying at our hotel.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your specific comments with the appropriate departments. We are looking into the hotel parking and thank you for your feedback regarding this issue.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here in February 2013 for a weekend and it was exactly as I expected. This is not a high end hotel but is good for what you pay. I recommend you check around on various websites for best pricing because there is variation out there on the same type of room.

I was able to secure a room rate that included breakfast for two at Ricky's Grill onsite. That made it more worth it considering Banff is not exactly affordable in terms of dining. Even the more low end places are expensive but I guess that's Banff. The breakfast is fine - typical family dining fare - little flavour but lots of food with substance.

This is a great hotel in terms of location - in town, walking distance to everything. It's dated but clean. It could use some renovating in their standard rooms. Underground parking is also included which truly is fantastic!

I was under the impression there was a pool but there isn't. Just a hot tub which we passed on. Rather went to the Banff Hot Springs and indulged in the light snow fall while we sat outside in the hot pools. That was excellent.

I would stay at the Banff International again for the location and parking if I was to get a great deal. If it was more than $100-$120/night, would not be worth it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AlphaTangoZulu
bihmanagement, Manager on Duty at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Alpha

Greetings from the Banff International Hotel!

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself while staying at our hotel.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your specific comments with the appropriate departments. Thank you for your constructive feedback.