“Great Value”
Review of Elk + Avenue Hotel

Elk + Avenue Hotel
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff was welcoming and all in all our stay was very pleasant. One of the cleaning staff found our car keys and sent them back to us after she called us to confirm that they were ours. Very thoughtful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
bihguestservices, Front Office Manager at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for the positive comments on your recent stay with us. I will pass on your warm remarks to our staff. We will do all that we can to ensure our guests have a great experience at our hotel in Banff. I look forward to welcoming you back should you stay in Banff again.

There are newer reviews for Elk + Avenue Hotel

Reviewed January 20, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 5 nights in Jan 2012.. We had an excellent time, just a short walk to the shops, staff were friendly and helpful, free parking, ski lockers, lovely rooms with comfortable beds and the biggest hot tub ever! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ClaireJones85

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on the weekend in January 2012. For the cheap price of the room, we was very impressed! The king size bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was a decent size. There is free underground parking offered, but unfortunately we drive a truck and would not fit. The staff were very accommodating and let us park right out front in the driveway of the hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect, a short walk from everything downtown. We would definitely stay here again. Ricky's (restaurant) is located in the hotel, and you can't go wrong with a cheap meal here. Definitely not fine dining, but good for breakfast or lunch for sure. Not sure about the pool or gym facilities as we did not visit these.

Room Tip: I believe we were in room 604. Not much of a view but didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlbertaRN

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your comments are much appreciated. Our location is unbeatable and guests are commenting more and more on how comfy our beds are. Thank you. We also do all that we can to accommodate parking for guests. I hope that you will stay with us again and we look forward to offering you quality at a fair price in the Canadian Rockies.

Daren – Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Have stayed in Banff for a total of six nights over four years. This hotel is very well located and is an easy walk to everything downtown. Our room was about twice the size of the Banff Springs hotel room we'd had on a previous trip. We recieved a great welcome and found the pool facilities quiet and clean. The laundry facilities down in the carpark were a bit crude. they could be walled off and include a sitting area with a television maybe. Restaurant fare was limited and a bit pricey but who would miss the Banff Spaghetti Factory restaurant anyway? .. a feed with fun!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a mountain view, they are larger and the view superb.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review of our property.

First of all, I am glad that you enjoyed your most recent trip to Banff. It truly is a breathtaking destination that inspires multiple visits. Secondly, I am happy that you received the warm hospitality that we strive to offer every guest. As for your comments about our coin laundry facilities: they have struck a chord with me and I appreciate the feedback that a fresh guest perspective brings. I will see what can be done to make the area more inviting rather than functional.

Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

My family had a great stay at this property. I would certainly recommend if you are visiting Banff. The location is the BEST by far...very easy and quick to get into the heart of Banff Ave. The hotel is very clean and rooms are a good size. Hotel also offers complimentary underground parking which is very convenient. The staff were very friendly throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
bihguestservices, Front Office Manager at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I hope that we can have the priviledge of offering you our hospitality again.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Only good thing was location, rooms have no a/c, updated executive suite had window to no where, bed coverings were stained, had to have them changed.
Staff did respond quickly , underground parking was Ok.
Overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Pick different facility
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stayed at Banff International Hotel for 1 night, as part of a group tour, in Sept 2011. Paid additional $ to upgrade to this hotel.

This hotel is located within 5 mins walk to the town centre, and there is a Safeway supermarket across the street. I had a room facing the mountain (which is good). However there is a train track nearby (believe it's between the mountain and the hotel) and I was awaken at least 3 times around 1am, 2am and 5am. I could also hear people chatting on the street late at night. I believe those rooms facing the interior (with no view) are quiet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo