“Clean and nice but noisy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Irwin's Mountain Inn

You added Irwin's Mountain Inn to your Saves list
Irwin's Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   429 Banff Avenue | Box 1198, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Edmonton, Canada
“Clean and nice but noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really like Irwin's, however both times I have been there it is noisy at night. Both times I was there for 2 nights, all nights were noisy. The one night someone locked one of their roommates out of the room so the locked out person was in the hall banging on the door for what seemed like forever in the middle of the night. I called the desk after about 30 minutes of listening to it and was told they were going to deal with it but it ended up taking about another hour before they finally had it all dealt with. I understand that there are rules and regulations and sometimes things happen, but it shouldn't take an hour to return a displaced guest to their room at 1am ish...... The quite time I find is loosely enforced, other than that I have no complaints. If you can handle some noise this is a beautiful hotel for the price. The rooms are always clean, the beds are super comfy, the blankets are great, they have beautiful comforters, I personally hate run of the mill hotel blankets, Irwin's has what I am used to a home. The staff is typically very helpful and friendly and the location is amazing, and I love the underground heated parking, even if it is a little short for my car. If I find a similar great rate as I have previously, in the future, I will likely stay again but I will be taking a fan for white noise and hoping I can sleep through the night, at least my son sleeps like the dead, he was not woken like I was.

Stayed December 2015

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a room overlooking the main road. It had a small balcony from which we were afforded views of the surrounding mountains. The bathroom was rather tired looking and the basin was outside the bathroom in the room which in my mind has no advantages and only negatives. The price we paid for the room made it relatively inexpensive, however their regular rates are up there with other hotels. Like with the majority of hotels we have stayed in in Banff, reinvestment in their properties is warranted.

Room Tip: Beware that there's a backpackers lodge next door so party animals can wake you up at 3am if you...
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a nice hotel rooms are quite small and nothing fancy but clean. They are pet friendly which is a necessity for us with a small balcony which is nice to let the dog out for a sniff once in a while. It is a great location to stroll down to the town center and has a good Mexican/Spanish restaurant attached. Staff were friendly as well. We come to Banff quite often and would stay here again. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Our room was on the main road into Banff would suggest a road on the back side for a bit more peace...
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spent the weekend here with my husband and we were pleasantly surprised. We had never stayed here before, but were very impressed. Staff are friendly, rooms were clean and spacious, and perhaps we got lucky but it was very quiet at night. If I had to give one criticism, the bathrooms are dated and could use a bit of an overhaul, other than that it was great and we would certainly stay here again.

Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
fort mcmurray
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2015

Hotel well located.The staff could not be more than helpful.The rooms are of good size and clean. Basically the hotel is good value for the money. The hot tub and sauna are great addition as as El Toro restuarant which is attached to Hotel. Yes there are better hotles in Banff but at a price.

The one downside of my recent stay was the constant barking of a dog in corridor.The dog owners leaving the dog unattended while out. This was not a 5 minute interval,but constant. This went on for couple days.

Irwins need to review policy on dogs. I for one dont come away to listen to dog yelping.

Room Tip: Not on ground floor. Can be noisy
  • Stayed December 2015, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
2 Thank scott d
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2015
Thanks so much for your recent review with us. I appreciate the honest feedback. Your comments are taken seriously and help with the previous review that deems us unreasonable in requesting the dog find proper care during their stay in Banff and not be abandoned for the day and ignore cell phone requests from our Front Desk attendants. We do not feel a pet should be abandoned as was done during the pet owners stay. No hotel pet stay should involve abandonment for the day nor should an owner have a pet that has not been trained. As a result of what you have suggested here we are making aggressive changes that will impact our pet policy so that guests do not have to experience what you did. My sincere apologies and I am grateful for your comments and I am sincerely sorry you experienced what you did. We will make this right.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2015

Stayed here on a family vacation to the mountains for a couple nights this fall. The rooms have high ceilings, plenty of space, windows with views, and a sink outside of the washroom. They are right on the strip.... easy walk to the shopping. On our second night we decided to eat supper at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised by the restaurant "El Toro" both for the food and the service. Our waitress was hamming it up with our 4 year old....good times. The rest of the staff were pleasant also. Whenever I ran into staff in the hallways they greeted me with friendly smiles. If I come back to Banff to ski I will stay at Irwin's because the service is great; they have parking underground, lockers for skis and a great hot tub and sauna area.

• Stayed October 2015, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks so much sir for your recent review of our property and your stay with us. I sure appreciate the feedback. Your descriptions are so appreciated and we hope that you return again soon. Thanks for the highlights and do come again in the near future. We so admire your comments.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2015 via mobile

We stayed one night on our trip here. We did not have a reservation. The front desk was more the ready to give us a room. It was a nice size and clean with a great view. The hotel location is a little far from the center of town so if you plan on walking be prepared. The only real issue is that the parking lot is very small and as such parking is at a premium. Overall a worthwhile stay.

Stayed September 2015, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your recent review with us. I appreciate your comments and the honesty of your stay. We do acknowledge our parking woes in Banff, and the only thing I can speak to is that despite the tight parking we do not charge for a parked vehicle unlike many others in Banff. I hope that is a small consolation. I will make sure our desk staff know the impact they made. Thanks again.