Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge
$488
$375
$330
$304
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$353
$277
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $307/night.

$353
Hotwire.com
$413
$401
Hotwire.com
All reviewsunderground parkingbreakfast roomhot breakfasthot tubfree breakfastsmall poolnice balconywithin walking distancejacuzzi suitestay there againhotel is greatdowntown areathe main streetbeds were very comfortablethird flooryogurtroom was large
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We decided to go for a weekend trip to Banff and take both of our young adult kids with us to spend a litlle bit of time with them as in the old times (when they still wanted to come with us on holidays). We booked a night at this hotel using Expedia and were not disappointed. The room /beds were big enough to accomodate all of us. The room inside was renovated and the same with the bathroom. They have an indor pool and a jet tub which we used and actually my kids even played the same as when they were small kids. I agree with another traveller who wrote that the jet tub water was extremelly chlorinated , YES IT IS, I could only spend 5 minutes in it and then my eyes started to water (I spent more than half an hour in the pool after that).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Travelerspain75
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Best Western Siding 29 Lodge and for the most part it was brilliant. It is in a very good location on the outskirts of town (approx. 10-15 min walk into the centre) due to its location on the outskirts there was very little noise that I heard and conveniently there was a shell garage right out front. The rooms were huge and very clean, there is no restaurant attached but there are many dining options within a 10 min walk. The only negative point about the hotel was that the breakfast area was quite small in comparison to the amount of rooms in the hotel, this meant that unless you were up early and one of the first into breakfast you were unlikely to get a seat in the breakfast area, and there was not really anywhere else to sit other than back in your room or at the front of reception. Other than this small detail the hotel is clean, modern and well equipped.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Smileycat13
Elsa T, Manager at Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Hope to see you again the next time you are in Banff.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

First impression was a great one. Friendly staff, beautiful room and great location. But waking up with my face, neck, arms, back and legs covered in itchy bed bug bites was scary. Maintenance came right away to check the room but bed bugs hide in more places than just a mattress. Staff were very apologetic and offered to wash all of our belongings.

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank Jrmferg
Elsa T, Manager at Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay in our hotel.
We would like to inform you that we are taking all the necessary measures in order to avoid such issues in our establishment.
Again, we apologize and we hope we will have the possibility to prove to you that we are worth your trust.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great hotel, reasonably priced. Good breakfast. But it was hot. The room was warm when we checked in so we turned it down and got is somewhat less hot. The next day we were gone all day and when we returned the temp was turned up to 90. Called front desk and complained. Next day
when we got back temp was turned up to 80. After this I taped the thermostat and that solved the
cleaning staff from touching it however they are doing this to every room when they leave it so the whole hotel is hot like an old folk's home or hospital. I never did get a decent night sleep because of the heat. For this reason I wouldn't stay here again. And that is a shame because the hotel is
great other than this. Underground parking is limited to 5' 9" so be prepared to park on the street if you have a truck. There is 3 spots available on the lot if you are lucky.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mpt98

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experience.
Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail with our maintenance and housekeeping department and steps have been taken to ensure these faults are solved promptly.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I want to start off by saying that I have stayed in Hotel rooms all around the world, and you come to expect certain things when paying a higher price for a room.
To start off the lady at reception did not look like she was in a very happy mood and was very of dismissive to us.
The room was clean when we arrived.
Little things like a burnt out light-bulb in the main vanity (which I unscrewed and left for the cleaning staff to change - they left it where it was and never replaced the bulb). The dimmer switch for the main light over the jacuzzi was broken. The cable TV was very snowy. Sugar, tea, and glasses were not replaced after the first evening. The dirty ones were removed, but new ones were not supplied.
Even though the breakfast room was very tiny and crowded, it was nice to have a hot meal in the morning. The internet, (an unsecured network) had sufficient speed and no problems with disconnection.
Temperature in the room could not be controlled by the thermostat. The room was constantly too hot.
Fixing little issues like these could make an average hotel experience a lot better. In the end it is the customer that needs to be satisfied.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kpoelzer

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I have investigated your comments and we will take steps to ensure that these problems you experienced do not happen again. We will take immediate corrective actions.
Again I apologized and hope you will still consider staying with us again the next time you are in Banff.