“Water rafting”

and up
Kananaskis River Rafting Adventure
Ranked #1 of 47 Outdoor Activities in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Closest whitewater rafting available from Banff and Calgary. Half and Full day trips. Whether you want Mild or Wild, our fun-loving professional guides will provide you with the best whitewater rafting adventure. Perfect activity for Families (5yrs+), and Groups like Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties or your Corporate Team Building Event.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When you say water rafting......for me it was a bit scary because I know myself that I don't know how to swim. But when I tried its my first time it was fun. Fantastic!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)
All reviews
in 29 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

First time rafting with teens (18 & 14). We decided on the "Adventurous" level in Horseshoe Canyon. Our Scotsman guide, Chris G., was great - very reassuring and made sure we had lots of fun but felt safe at all times. The whole outing was well organized and made for a wonderful day. By the end, the teens were ready for the "Wild" level!

1  Thank Tims499
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I were first time rafters. Frank our guide was awesome, he made it fun, safe and personal. I would recommend this rafting group, they were all high energy but very professional .

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a fun afternoon out with Chinook. The crew leading were very professional and we had fun with our three kids (aged 14, 11 and 8). By the end of the trip (which became more of a float), the kids said they wished there were more rapids and more action. They liked climbing the bridge and jumping into the water, so it would have been fun to stay in the water at the end for some more swim time.

Be prepared for a lengthy wait at the beginning. It takes a long time to get a bunch of people organized, so you wait around a lot from the 1:30 check in time. All in all, a good day...

1  Thank Maureen R
See more reviews
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We did an adventure white water rafting experience and really enjoyed it. It was very well organised and the guys in charge were great in looking after us, making sure we understood the dangers and how to make ourselves safe. It was my son's birthday and they waived the fee. We encountered several class 4 rapids and had plenty of thrills and laughs. My son even had the opportunity for a 10 metre cliff jump. Oh boy that was the icing on the cake! Thank you Chinook for an unforgettable day out.

1  Thank davei_10