“white water rafting” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Kananaskis River Rafting Adventure
Ranked #1 of 24 Tours in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Closest whitewater rafting available from Banff and Calgary. Half and Full day trips. Whether you want Mild or Wild, our fun-loving professional guides will provide you with the best whitewater rafting adventure. Perfect activity for Families (5yrs+), and Groups like Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties or your Corporate Team Building Event.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Banff
“white water rafting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

First time rafing, what an adventure. We had a great time with our guide AJ, we will be back for sure. Highly recommend this trip to any thrill seekers, you can combo it with a zip line tour, ATV tours or even sky diving. AJ rules as a guide.

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Even Tina Turner would be impressed!!! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Amazing, incredible experience "rolling" down the river...ok maybe that's a bit overboard (ha!) but it really was one of the best days ever! This was my first foray into both whitewater rafting and cliff jumping and I have to say it was so much fun. Chris and his crew are so experienced in their craft that you can't help but feel safe rafting with them. The rapids were spectacular but I didnt feel uneasy at any time because we were all educated so well before the adventure began. I also have to say that when I watched the video of people jumping off a 30 ft cliff I thought they were nuts! However, I had an out of body experience and just jumped off the side of that 30 ft cliff...:) a big part of that was because of the crew working with us and making me feel safe knowing I would be looked after. I've done a lot of excursions in Maui, Cozumel,Jamaica and The isle of Capri and chinook rafting was definitely one of the best! We will be back next year to do the Kicking Horse!

Winnipeg, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I participated in the Kanaskis waterwater rafting tour and all I can say is it was Amazing and would love to do it again. The tour operators are all about safety and your enjoyment, we had so much fun - the water is very cold and I was greatful for the wet suit and jacket they provided. Alot of fun!!

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome day on the river!!! Excellent company!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had the BEST time ever today, our raft guide was Frank, one big mother f'n dude who was amazing! It was me, my husband Doug, our son Adam, his friend Chayley and a couple of Japanese ladies. Professional, clean equipment/clothing, fun and an overall fantastic experience. We live in Edm. but also have a family home here in Canmore so we are here quite often. This however was our first time rafting with Chinook but my second time rafting as I did it last year with an outfit based out of Canmore and it SUCKED! Their clothing was sub par, full of holes, stunk to high hell and was just gross. Our day today was awesome, it was a longer trip and the kids had a blast hanging off the bridge, while my husband and I floated back to the shore, just awesome! Snacks were great, which the kids enjoyed. We purchased the cd with our pics of the trip as well.

I Just wanted to say Cheers and pass on a HUGE THANK YOU from all of us, we will def. be back and I'm looking forward to being back in August and doing the level 4 run as he said we would be great at it...good paddle rhythm with some power..."paddle hard" lol! Loved it, anyhow thanks again for everything you guys bloody well ROCK and I will add my photo's as soon as I upload them off of the cd! :-)

1 Thank Carrie K
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day for splashing around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a great time rafting a huge group of us went and we had several boats - Marshall was running my boat and is a great lad. we had so much fun - splashing the other boats Marshall cracks some great jokes - we also got voted best looking raft of the day! BONUS!

For sure next time want to step up and do more rapids, as it was quite a chill ride - the start was the hardest.

Also if you plan on coming bring bug spray! they were biting us like crazy!