“Wish I'd booked a harder level”
Review of Chinook Rafting

and up
Kananaskis River Rafting Adventure
Ranked #1 of 32 Tours in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Closest whitewater rafting available from Banff and Calgary. Half and Full day trips. Whether you want Mild or Wild, our fun-loving professional guides will provide you with the best whitewater rafting adventure. Perfect activity for Families (5yrs+), and Groups like Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties or your Corporate Team Building Event.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was great fun. The Chinook staff picked us up from a hotel up the road from ours, and drove us out to the 'camp' where we changed into our wetsuits, spray tops and life jackets, before loading onto old school buses. Then it was down to the river and a safety briefing before hitting the river. The guides were very well trained, and also told us heaps about the river, which had changed slightly with the recent Alberta floods. Felt very safe and wish I had booked to do more than the gentle level. Hot chocolate and cookies after changing at the end.

1  Thank BethDid
Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I went Rafting with all my friends from work (Falcon Crest) it was a beautiful day! After the flooding I was expecting more branchs of tree or stuff in the water but nothing disturbed us. I was with the guide come.from Peru, he was very nice I really like talking to him during the trip! And if u wanna see cutie man That's the place!! Specially for Marshall, Ouff he is just soo Hoot! Haha! But for the rafting is interesting if u dont have experience or if u bring ur family. I think I need more rapids and maybe a level more too! It was my first time but I did canot before. So thank you all the nice staff. U are AWESOME! Seriously I hope I 'll see u again ! :))

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Rowan was our guide, and between he and one of the other guides (wish I could remember the name, but they were both from Wales and you'll notice the accents) kept us absolutely ROLLING with laughter, felt totally in control, and generally showed my wife and I an amazing time that we'll never forget.

1  Thank Joel M
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We took our kids (ages 13 and 10) on their first white water rafting trip with Chinook. They put us at ease with their attention to safety details. After everything was explained clearly to us, off we went. The water is apparently around 5-6C no matter what the air temperature. I would imagine it would be refreshing on a hot day (it happened to be cool and rainy for our trip). With the full gear provided (full wet suit, fleece, splash jacket and water booties), we were quite comfortable. Our hands were a bit chilly but nothing for us to complain about. Our son's hands were a bit cold for him to bear so our guide gave him a pair of gloves which helped. Our feet were wet inside the bootie but surprisingly not uncomfortable. Their website has valuable information on what to bring. Chris, our Scottish guide, was amazing and really made our experience that much more memorable! We would definitely recommend Chinook to anyone considering rafting.

2  Thank Travelmomma007
Reviewed June 27, 2013

woo hoo rafting in canada....you cant come to canada, canmore alberta without going rafting and we went with chinook on the horseshoe canyon trip in the morning and the kananaskis river in the arvo. the morning trip was the harder rated one with bigger water and harder rapids but with our aussie guide rohan the trip was everything i hoped it would be. totally freakin awesome...rohan was a great guy with his emphasis on our safety and what to do in the unlikely event of trouble. his sense of humour only made trip even more enjoyable.
the arvo (that means afternoon all you non australians) trip was with chris as our our guide, a big tall scot with a light accent so we had no trouble understanding him . we would be happy to reccommend this trio to all

2  Thank Wendy P