“Fun organic bakery with creative flare”

Wild Flour- Banff's Artisan Bakery Cafe
Ranked #11 of 145 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Here artisan bread is hand-crafted the traditional way with long fermentation periods, careful hand shaping and small batch baking. When the sun is rising behind the mountain tops, our organic loaves are just coming out of the oven, along with freshly baked pastries and other tasty treats. All of our offerings are made with locally-sourced and all-natural ingredients.Whether for breakfast, lunch, or the in-between snack, everyone can find something to fuel their day in Banff at Wild Flour! Vegan, Vegetarian, gluten-free and raw options are always available.Our Specialty coffees are organic, fair-trade and served in a ceramic mug that invites you to stay in the warm bakery atmosphere. If you are keen to get out and explore the national park, know that our take-out packaging is made from biodegradable, compostable, and recycled materials.In the evening, you may well find a unique community event hosted at Wild Flour. We regularly feature local and visiting musicians, poetry readings, conversation cafes, and even custom calzone nights in the outdoor wood-fired oven.Twitter & Instagram: WildFlourBanff
Calgary AB
“Fun organic bakery with creative flare”
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Love the chaitea latte, their brownie (super moist, chewy, and chocolatey) and basket to go. Fresh breads and goodies available at a reasonable price. I accidentally left w/o picking up everything; when I discovered I was missing the cookie dough I went back and the cashier had my dough waiting for me to pick up. This place has a steady customer base, so be forewarned you may have to wait for a table, but it's worth it!

• Korean first
Massachusetts
“marginal at best”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I am a coffee freak and love baked goods, so we headed to Wild Flour as we'd heard that it was a local favorite. I know that their bakery aims to avoid typical flours and gluten, but their baked goods were either just okay or flat out awful. We had a blueberry scone that was made primarily with rice flour. It was fine, but nothing great. Then we had a muffin that I think was made primarily with corn meal which was absolutely awful. It was swimming in vegetable oil - seriously, left the napkin and my hands not just greasy but absolutely wet with oil. Terrible. Almost asked for my money back. I can't understand why the bakery would have a positive reputation. The coffee was fine, but not good enough to counter the poor quality of the baked goods. Can't recommend it.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Best place to get your picnic or lunch”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

even if you have to eat your hot sandwiches cold, while gazing at Crowfoot Glacier.... large variety of sandwiches whuch have unusual filings like grilled vegetables and mozzarella.

The equivalent of this is Bear's Paw in Jasper. The savoury food they serve is very different, more variety here in Wild Flour.

1 Thank RachelBerks
New Brunswick
“Wonderful place for breakfast”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This was recommended to us by a friend of a friend who is a local. He did not steer us wrong and we ate here two mornings that we were in town. This is a bakery so you have to stand in line and hope that a seat/table is available but keep in mind that their are both indoor and outdoor tables as well as some stools along the countertop by the window. they serve an all day breakfast and our breakfast was amazing......wonderful waffles, granola, breakfast sandwiches and even the chocolate croissants were fantastic. They serve fair trade coffee.
This is a very busy spot with great food and coffee.

1 Thank michr
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Yummy waffles”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The waffles and maple syrup were delicious. Same for the choco banana muffins. Something was terrifly amiss with the apple cinnamon scone I ordered to go, though. Also, I ordered a choco banana muffin to go, but when I opened the bag the next morning, they had enclosed a carrot muffin instead. It was good, but I really was counting on that choco banana on my long flight home!

1 Thank JosiahVinson