“Special place in Banff”

Ranked #12 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Here artisan bread is hand-crafted the traditional way with long fermentation periods, careful hand shaping and small batch baking. When the sun is rising behind the mountain tops, our organic loaves are just coming out of the oven, along with freshly baked pastries and other tasty treats. All of our offerings are made with locally-sourced and all-natural ingredients.Whether for breakfast, lunch, or the in-between snack, everyone can find something to fuel their day in Banff at Wild Flour! Vegan, Vegetarian, gluten-free and raw options are always available.Our Specialty coffees are organic, fair-trade and served in a ceramic mug that invites you to stay in the warm bakery atmosphere. If you are keen to get out and explore the national park, know that our take-out packaging is made from biodegradable, compostable, and recycled materials.In the evening, you may well find a unique community event hosted at Wild Flour. We regularly feature local and visiting musicians, poetry readings, conversation cafes, and even custom calzone nights in the outdoor wood-fired oven.Twitter & Instagram: WildFlourBanff
Reviewed August 16, 2013

What is better than a panini and latte on a rainy day? This was an awesome little coffee shoppe. Loved the atmosphere and food. Wonderful!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We tried some squares at a Wild Flour outlet at the Caves and Basins national park and truly enjoyed the apricot square and the seed bar. So when we were back in town, we picked up a few more treats. The brownies had to be the best ones we ever had!

We didn't get to try their lunch menu though, maybe during a future visit...

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I came across this little place while walking the streets of Banff looking for something to eat. It was quite packed. There is a nice outside patio area and tables and chairs inside as well. It was quite the zoo as it was a beautiful day and it was lunchtime. This place is vintage what you would expect for a mostly transient population coming and going: earthy, nice music, coffee shop atmosphere, laid back staff (but not lazy, they work hard), trendy. You'd expect to see your yummy mummies and more discerning people here.

They have a huge bakery with tons of bread and desserts, etc. I stopped for lunch, had the roasted veg wrap. It was good, nothing spectacular, but combined with the atmosphere, the day, and what I was looking for, I would definitely return and recommend others to try.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was looking forward to trying this café but was quite disappointed when we had lunch there, although my experience might have been different if we had hot drinks and/or breakfast. They have a sign at the register saying something to the effect that their lines are worth the wait, but I don't agree. I had a caprese salad, which ordinarily I would expect to have a lot of tomatoes and mozzarella, but this one was mostly greens and the dressing was too vinegary. I couldn't eat much and ended up trading with my husband, who had a BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato) that was pretty good. (He is very nice about eating things I order that I don't like and giving up the food that he orders and would like to eat!) The lemonade that I ordered was extremely tart--it really had no sweetness, and was not sweet even after I added several sugars. I don't know if that's the way they are made in that area or if this was just a bad batch. For dessert we had a chocolate tart, which was pretty good (as I would hope from a bakery).

1  Thank freedshop
WildFlourBanff, Manager at Wild Flour- Banff's Artisan Bakery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear patron,

Thank you for taking the time to review our bakery and cafe, we really appreciate the feedback! We're sorry you had a disappointing experience with our location, we know the lines can be long (the downfalls of being a local favourite!) but due to expansion restrictions, we're at capacity for how many tills we can have going at once. Our staff do their best during the lunch rush to power through and move as quickly as possible, and we've seen quite an improvement with our production level and speed over the past year.

The lemonades that you mention are freshly squeezed, made the day of, and meant to be tart, however next time you're back let the staff know you'd like it sweetened and they will mix in some sweetener for you :)

We are glad that you enjoyed the B.L.A.T. and our dark chocolate tarts, all of the items on our menu are crafted or baked in-house and with mountains of love!

Please do come back and try our other menu items (like our coffee or breakfast treats that you mention) - we're certain you'll enjoy them as much as the B.L.A.T and chocolate tart.

Wild Flour Management

Reviewed August 8, 2013

You might miss the wild flour as it is on Bear street just a block away from Banff Avenue. a nice choice for a lighter fare for breakfast. Coffee breakfast sandwich and pastries were quite Good. It's busy for a reason so don't be in a total rush. Would return if we had eaten in town for an additional day.

1  Thank bobretired