“Awesome food.. variety of Asian food choices”
Review of Taste of Sri Lanka

Taste of Sri Lanka
Ranked #96 of 145 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Awesome food.. variety of Asian food choices”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I tasted the food at Masala and i thought taste of Sri Lanka was much better in taste and cheaper to them. To begin with its a Srilankan Couple who run this place (Franchise), the Butter chicken is unlike other Indian restaurant who add probably sweetners. This one tastes as real as you would eat in a North Indian restaurant. They had Satay, Samosas and also Masala dosas. The masala dosas (although over priced) tasted way better then the ones back in south India. A little bit of spice probably.(dont forget to ask for the chutney and the free juice that comes along with it.. they tend to over look it.. Dont feel shy if the lady over the counter doesnt give it at first). I also tried the pork which had the perfect spice. Try the Srilankan style of Potato wedges. They taste awesome. I would surely recommend this place. They are open from 10 am to 9.30 pm.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ison P

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Needs lesson in manners and hygiene”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went there on Canada Day 2012 to buy some samosas. It was close to closing time but all I wanted were two samosas and they were spinning on the turntable. I got the fellow's attention and he was carrying a dustpan and had just finished sweeping up.

I placed my order and was waiting for him to wash his hands. When he didnt I asked him if wouldnt mind washing his hands first.

He crushed the bag he was about to put the samosas in looked at me and said "we are closed". He refused to wash his hands and refused to sell me the samosas.

We will never eat there again.

4 Thank ExpectGoodManners
Pontypool
“Good cheap food”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Big plateful of very tasty food at a very reasonable price.

Visited April 2012
Winnipeg, MB
“Can't beat a good chicken roti.”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I eat at the Taste of Sri Lanka in Winnipeg all the time, so when i saw it in Banff, I knew what I wanted in the food court. Very tasty and spicy. Plus, I loved the one tax!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank mslawik
Newcastle upon Tyne
“cheap, tasty and filling”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

full to the brim for $11.

rice, eggplant curry, chickpeas and pork curry.

really nice