“Needs lesson in manners and hygiene”
Review of Taste of Sri Lanka

Taste of Sri Lanka
Ranked #94 of 152 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went there on Canada Day 2012 to buy some samosas. It was close to closing time but all I wanted were two samosas and they were spinning on the turntable. I got the fellow's attention and he was carrying a dustpan and had just finished sweeping up.

I placed my order and was waiting for him to wash his hands. When he didnt I asked him if wouldnt mind washing his hands first.

He crushed the bag he was about to put the samosas in looked at me and said "we are closed". He refused to wash his hands and refused to sell me the samosas.

We will never eat there again.

5  Thank ExpectGoodManners

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Big plateful of very tasty food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I eat at the Taste of Sri Lanka in Winnipeg all the time, so when i saw it in Banff, I knew what I wanted in the food court. Very tasty and spicy. Plus, I loved the one tax!

1  Thank mslawik
Reviewed March 27, 2012

full to the brim for $11.

rice, eggplant curry, chickpeas and pork curry.

really nice

1  Thank Drewsaa
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We can't go through Banff without stopping here for dinner. The service is fast and friendly and the portions are huge. We always have the chicken roti (one spicy, one not) and only sometimes we can finish it. We have even brought friends here to share the roti love with them. We are very sad there is not a location closer to our home.

1  Thank CCorbett02