We were very pleased with the accomodations and service at Buffalo Mountain Lodge.
We had booked a "deluxe" queen room which is actually their standard, having decided that we weren't prepared to pay a few hundred dollars more for their "Premiere" room, which offered the added benefits of a claw foot bathtub and heated bathroom tiles.
Our room was lovely - a bit dark as some reviewers have mentioned, but cozy and comfortable and not at all cramped. The bed had a feather mattress cover and a real down duvet. The sitting area consisted of two mission-style chairs facing a stone, wood-burning frireplace which was cleaned out and re-laid daily. There was also a writing desk and chair, and a small balcony that looked out over the woods.
We ate at the hotel twice. The first night we tried Cilantro, which was very good, and the next morning we decided to have the hotel breakfast - delicious but pricey.
This was a ski trip for us, so we left very early every morning and were out all day. We found the location of the lodge suited our needs, since it is a few minutes away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Banff, but near enough to get to town quickly.
We were also pleased with the service. It was efficient but unobtrusive. The staff were friendly and helpful.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge