My wife and I were back at this hotel for 10 days in Jan 2010 for our third stay there in 18 months - so yes, we like it. On this occasion we were upgraded to a Premier Room which faces out to the back of the site. A lovely spacious room with underfloor heating throughout, log fire and all other mod cons (not that you'd really need them in this part of the world to be honest) so all was very comfortable and very cosy. Our tour bus stopped off at other hotels in Banff, and the resulting check-in queue stretched out of the door. Why some of these people do not go to the Buffalo Mountain Lodge is beyond me. It's quiet, peaceful and only a 20 min walk/5 min bus ride from town. What more do you want!!
We love the food. It's filling, tasty, and the cost of the breakfast compares with what you can get in town. We sampled the food at Cilantro's (an on-site Italian style eaterie) one evening and were not disappointed. The service, ambience and food were all pretty much spot-on. We did not eat in the hotel itself during the evening as we found the menu to be rather expensive, but we've heard very good things about it.
The only minus point we feel we must mention is that during the weekend the hotel will fill up with weekenders, mainly from Calgary. On both of the weekends we were there the room next door was occupied and yes, we heard EVERYTHING (including the loud TV). I came very close to knocking on their door to tell them to calm down. The sound proofing between our room and the next left a whole lot to be desired. The idea of coming to such a hotel in such a location for some peace and quiet seems totally lost on such people.
To sum up - brilliant location, good food and good service. Oh...and one more thing..... If you like the idea of being visited by the local wildlife, coming right up below your balcony to bid you good morning or good night (as we had on this latest occasion in the shape of wild deer and various birds) then you must go and stay. Simple as that. And yes, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge