We stayed at the Buffalo Mountain Lodge from May 28 - May 30 and we really enjoyed it. The nice thing about the hotel is that it's up on Tunnel Mountain away from the Banff townsite, so it's very quiet and peaceful (I guess this could be considered a bad thing for people that like to be in the middle of all of the action and don't want to have to drive to town for meals). We stayed in a premier room and it was very nice - the cathedral ceilings definitely made the room unique. We enjoyed the fireplace. Just make sure that the vent in the fireplace is open before you start the fire - we did that and our room wasn't smoky at all. The staff members at the resort were very pleasant and the food at the dining room in the main lodge was excellent. The food was a little pricy, but so is most of the food in Banff. My only real complaint was that the mattress we slept on was too firm; however, when I mentioned this to the front desk clerk when I was checking out, she said that I should've called right away because they could've brought a featherbed to lay on top of the mattress. I definitely felt that the staff wanted to make sure we had a pleasant experience. Overall, everything was very nice and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge