Myself and partner have travelled all over the world and loved this lodge and will definitely return. We booked with skibig3.com where we got discounted room rates and discounted ski passes saving a few hundred dollars. We stayed at this lodge 15th-19th December 2008 and had a great time. We were in a premier king towards the back of the property and had a good view of mountains with a nice balcony. Despite the temperature being -30 the rooms were very cosy and the fireplace enhanced the romantic setting. It was good fun building a fire and relaxing infront of with wine or hot chocolate. Bed was comfortable, room clean, bath ideal after a days ski and the room was large with ample space for clothes. There is an outdoor hottub which we used but only the once as getting out and walking downstairs to the changing room was freezing!! We found the lodge was just the right amount of distance from Banff so you have all the facilities but not all the hustle and bustle. Our room was very quiet with nothing but mountains behind us although I think there was a road which was closed for winter but I can't imagine in the summer it would be busy. The restaurant is a little pricey so we only had breakfast there which was good athough slow so ensure you give yourself plenty of time if being collected for a trip/ski bus. Ski bus right outside hotel so no hassle. We did have a car which we found handy in winter to drive in to town. We travel the same week every year and find it difficult to ensure an ideal snow setting in Europe but now we know there is so much snow in Banff at this time of year we will continue to go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge