We stayed here in late April for Easter weekend. LOVED the claw foot tub in the bathroom - I had a long soak every day we were there. Location was perfect for a brief hike down to central Banff (or a very short drive) or a hike around Tunnel Mountain Drive, and up the trail to climb Mount Rundle. The rooms are plenty big, and ours had a fantastic view of the mountain - from the bed - and the rest of the rooms seemed well positioned to have great views as well. Other reviewers have commented on the "tired" feel of the decor, but we noticed that more in the dining room than our guest room, and I'm pretty sure I only noticed it because of other reviewers. We spent so little time in the room anyway that it doesn't matter anyway, and all the amenities are "current". They prepped the fireplace for us each day (including cleaning out the ashes from the previous night's fire).
We were on the ground floor and did experience being able to hear the creaking above us as our upstairs neighbors walked around, and we could hear their pipes when they showered, etc as well...but this was so occasional I think I - again - only noticed it because I'd read other reviews, and even having noticed it (and the 'tired decor' from another reviewer which I slightly disagreed with), we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge