The room at this lodge was average. The fireplace was a nice touch however we did not use it. The walls of the rooms are paper thin, we could hear the people below us and the ones beside us all night. The lodge neglected to inform us there was a large wedding happening during our stay, and we were kept up by the music and the partying coming from surrounding rooms. Also when we went into town for supper and returned there was no parking for our car. When we asked the front desk if there was somewhere else to park with a plug in access (as it was - 30), they couldn't help and directed us to street parking. The following morning our car had a flat tire. We called the front desk to see if we could borrow an air compressor from maintenance, and their response that was due to insurance reasons they could not help us. They did not take the extra step by trying to call AMA or another company to assist us. Instead we went across the street to the Douglas Fir Hotel where their front desk staff, and maintenance man were more than willing to help us.
We were satisfied with the facilities of this lodge however the customer service was terrible and we would not return because of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge