We stayed at Buffalo Mountain Lodge for one night and brought foreign visitors with us, which made the experience not just disappointing but embarassing as well.
The rooms were disappointing: they were small and dark, with views of the parking lot or the busy Tunnel Mountain Road. Despite the comfortable duvets, the beds were too short (our feet were dangling off the end, and we are average height people). The hot and cold water controls were reversed in the shower. Pipes were clonking throughout the night, and we were awakened by hollering in the parking lot early in the morning.
The one bright spot was the outdoor hot tub. However, no extra towels were provided at the poolside or in the rooms, so we ended up using the same towels three times: for the pre-hot tub shower, when getting out of the tub, and when showering afterwards. Not very comfortable ...
Luckily, we only used the dining room for breakfast--the service was deplorable (although the food was fine). Despite being almost empty, we had a hard time getting the waitress' attention, and when we did, she missed a half of our order, and brought a pot of hot water when tea was ordered (and no tea bag).
When checking out, no one inquired how our stay was, and the manager's response to my letter consisted of nine lines which failed to address most of my concerns.
Our stay was definitely no worth the $309 we paid. We will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge