My daughter and I stayed here at the end of December for girls night away which we do 4 times a year at different hotels and resorts. Our first impression pulling up was a good one, checking in we were pleased with the beauty of the lobby and prompt check in. We had asked for a top floor room but unfortunately they did not have any which we thought no big deal, until we got to our room. There was a small entry way under the rooms above to get into our room and the 2 other rooms beside us. It felt like we were checking into someone's basement. The room was nice 2 double beds and the fireplace which we used for the aw of it and the room was a little chilly.
The hot tub was great, and not too busy at all being the night before New Years. After the hot tub we headed to our room to get ready to go to town for dinner only to find someone parked right behind us. We tried calling the front desk but they were overly busy so we walked to there instead, told the lady at the front desk about our truck being blocked in and her response was would you like to take a taxi. They take License plate #'s as you check in so I don't know why they couldn't look it up. After telling her I did not want to pay for a taxi when I have my own vehicle they said to give them a few minutes and they would get the other vehicle to move. We went back to our room and waited 40 minutes to no avail. Tried calling the desk again but no answer as they were busy so we walked back to the lobby waited for 10 minutes then were told the bell boy had dealt with the situation. Back to our room we go only to see the vehicle still there. Fortunately the vehicle parked beside me had left so we quickly jumped in our vehicle and after a 10 point turn were off to dinner.
Over all our stay wasn't bad we made the best of it and always enjoy our girls nights away but if you don't want to be interrupted by people walking up and down stairs all night and the sound of their washroom activities for $280 minimum a night, I would pass on this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge