Stayed here over the Christmas holidays for a night. Our stay had it's hits and misses.
POSITIVES: The hot tub and steam room were great. We also loved that we had a wood burning fire place in our room. Across the street you had a convenience store and liquor store which was nice when you didn't want to go all the way into town. It is not as central as we expected. Depending what you want this could be good or bad. There is a bus stop outside and you can catch a bus to take you into town. If you don't mind a bit of a hike I'm sure you could walk into town as well. It was nice to be away from the craziness of Banff Ave, The restaurant was delicious.. Although we only had breakfast there (it is not very vegetarian friendly). Staff was friendly. Ski lockers on site for those planning on hitting the hills.
NEGATIVES: Our bathroom looked nothing like the beautiful ones in the pictures. The tub was old and kind of gross. When we booked we booked a king size bed but received a room with 2 beds instead. We didn't bother complaining as it was not a big deal to us. Banff is expensive so we booked through hotwire, the website claimed we would have a mountain view but did not, instead we had the view of a utility shed. I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND getting a second floor room. We heard every step from the unit above us. We had to call the front twice. Once for more fire starter, which they never showed up with, and another time for cable issues which they promptly came and fixed.
All in all I would recommend as the in room fire place, community hot tub and steam room really outweighed the negative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge