We decided to head out to Banff for a weekend getaway and Buffalo Mountain Lodge checked all of our "must haves" -smaller place, wood burning fireplace, restaurant on site for breakfast, king size bed and rustic charm.
We booked directly with the hotel online and took advantage of their special with breakfast included. We were able to enjoy the breakfast buffet twice over our stay and were very impressed with the food quality and selection on the buffet. The 9$ difference in price for each nights stay made this a great choice as the buffet was 19$ per person if we hadn't booked it .
We stayed in a Buffalo Room with a king bed on the second floor. The room must have been upgraded within the last few months as there was still green painters tape on the cabinets in the kitchenette. The sofa and chair were new along with upgraded carpet and paint.
We booked this room due to it having a kitchenette and it came in handy to have a small fridge, microwave, stove top and dishes to use. We were able to bring some lunch and snack items with us. There was a coffee maker, kettle and basic utensils along with a dish rack and cloths to make clean up a breeze. There was a 4 person table and the couch was a sofa bed.
We found the bathroom adequate, lots of towels to use, lots of hot water and more than enough counter space. The only thing that seemed to need updating was the warn tub. The grips on the bottom were "grey" in age and they provided a non slip matt to make up for this.
Overall we enjoyed our stay here, would come back again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge