Buffalo Mountain Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,649 results
All reviewspremier roomhot tubclaw foot tubheated floorswood burning fireplacewedding venuestainless steelopen firereal fireplacemountain lodgeshuttle servicehuge bathroomromantic getawayour honeymoonfree shuttledowntown banffking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I love the wood burning fireplace in the room. My wife and I had a great meal with great wine in the lounge in front of the fireplace too. . The service was attentive and not rushed, we loved the charcuterie platter. Thank you for the great service and atmosphere, we will be back soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Before I gave Buffalo Mountain Lodge this very poor review online, I offered them the opportunity to make our bad experience right. I got no response, I recommended their lodge to two other couples and we spent 2 nights each there. Our rooms alone would have totalled more than $1800. My first complaint is that I phoned the lodge prior to arriving to inquire whether there was a toaster or a kettle in our room. I was told there was not. So I lugged up these appliances and then found that both were in the unit. My major complaint was that 45 minutes after our appetizers were served our dinners were served. This was at 9:00 and our reservation was at 7:30. My dinner was salmon and pasta and arrived 5-10 minutes after everyone else's. The salmon was cool and uncooked in the middle and the pasta was a glob, It had to be cut to be eaten and tasted like mush. I told the server I couldn't eat it and was offered another choice. This was at 9:20. I declined. The bill was paid by each couple and I assumed that the meal charge was taken off but it wasn't. I approached the manager who told me that he didn't think our meals were late in arriving but that he would look after the charge for the uneaten meal. I gave him my name and room number. When we checked out the next day, no charges had been removed. I left my name and phone number at the front desk and asked it be given to the dining room manager and haven't head anything from him. I can't believe that a restaurant of this caliber and cost would offer this type of service. The restaurant was not inexpensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whitecottae
CRMRManagment, General Manager at Buffalo Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. I do apologize for the issues you had while staying with us, the level of service you describe certainly does not meet the standards we strive for.
If you would like to speak to someone further regarding your stay, you can contact bmlalm@crmr.com
Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the lodge with my husband over Thanksgiving and loved it. This was our second stay at the lodge and we returned because the first experience was so good. It's far enough away from Banff Ave to be quiet and serene but close enough to get there in minutes. The rooms have a rustic feel and the in-room wood burning fireplace is the perfect touch. The restaurant and lounge are everything you would want and more and the service is prompt and professional. A special thanks to Wes, Chris and Bree. They were very personable and made our visit extra special. We plan on returning every year.

Just a note to those complaining about the distance to Banff Ave... There is bus service directly across the street from the front desk. It's less than 5 minutes to Banff Ave. $5.00/day gets you anywhere you want to go including the gondola. Bus times are clearly labeled and there's a web site (scan the code at the bus stop) that lets you accurately plan for the next bus anywhere in Banff. It's convenient and the bus drivers are very accommodating.

Lastly, you can get a buffet breakfast as part of your package. Although it is quite good with a good variety it does not change from day to day. If you like to change it up a little I would suggest against adding it.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in a premium room and they are excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Beautiful place to stay. Loved the in room wood burning fireplaces. close to Banff but far enough for a great view! Staff were great and we will definitely be going back. We really enjoyed the hot tub and got lucky to have it all to ourselves. Don't listen to any bad reviews as i feel the fireplace was one of the better ones we have had staying in similar rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I spent three nights at the hotel, for a workshop and the experience was so relaxing! Our room was large and had a wood burning fireplace. The beds were a little hard but the pillows made up for that! The bathroom was spacious and had a large claw-foot soaking tub. The Wi-Fi worked efficiently but our cell service was spotty depending on where we were on the resort. The food provided was delicious and plentiful with lots of local options. The rooms and common areas were clean and fresh looking. The conference and meeting rooms have large windows and good air quality/tempurature. The hot tub was not working for the days we were there and there is no swimming pool on the premises.

I would return to this hotel and would love to be able to spend time there skiing in the Winter.

Room Tip: The 1100 & 1200's room blocks are large, newer and have easy parking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business