Went to the Buffalo Mountain Lodge, as I was the maid of honor at my friends wedding there. The hotel is beautiful, the scenery is amazing. My husband and I booked at a bed and breakfast for the night before the wedding (to save a little money) and then booked at the Lodge for the night of the wedding. At the last minute, we decided to change our reservation to the Lodge for both nights. We called the lodge, but they told us they had no rooms available for that night, which was fine, our mistake for changing our minds at the last minute! But then we went to meet the bride there to get ready for the rehearsal dinner, and another guest of the wedding, who was sharing a room, decided that she wanted her own room. She went to the front desk and right away got her own room! How is that possible if there were no rooms left, when we called 20 minutes prior? Anyways, here's a tip, the basic rooms, are alright, but for a $20 upgrade, you can get a room with a much nicer view and a waaay nicer bathroom. The standard rooms have a crappy old tub... the upgraded rooms have heated floors, a claw foot tub, and separate shower. It is defiantly worth the extra $20.00. The staff did an amazing job on the wedding, and really catered to us the rest of the time we were there. The king bed in our room was the most comfortable bed in a hotel I have ever slept in. I would stay at this hotel again. Great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge