Positives - Premium rooms were very nice. Soaker tub, balcony, all very nice.
But, the very expensive room was charged to the wrong person after the trip despite being told it wouldn't. For the amount of money the rooms cost, not having a fridge was pretty sad.
Here's the great part: The front desk failed to book the proper number of nights so we were evicted and hastily put into a room with my wife, my toddler, my brother in law, my father in law, my mother in law, and I in a room with 2 beds. SEVEN people in ONE room was their response to our predicament!!
It was for a wedding. The wedding dinner was one of WORST catering failures I've seen in ANY event, corporate, wedding, or otherwise. Appetizers that were OK at best, dinners that were an hour late, and quality that I expect from a budget buffet restaurant on the shady end of town, not a luxury resort.
Our stay here won the prize for the WORST EVER hotel experience. Paying a brutal premium was just the salt on the wound. To say it fell below our expectations would be the stupidest understatement uttered in a very long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge