Buffalo Mountain Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,649 results
All reviewspremier roomhot tubclaw foot tubheated floorswood burning fireplacewedding venuestainless steelopen firereal fireplacemountain lodgeshuttle servicehuge bathroomromantic getawayour honeymoonfree shuttledowntown banffking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Banff in itself is a beautiful place and staying at Buffalo Mountain Lodge made our stay that much better. This place is absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing! I found this deal for a 4 day stay through Livingsocial.com and I am so happy I did! My boyfriend and I were travelling to Calgary for my aunt's wedding and decided that we couldn't go to Alberta without visiting beautiful Banff. Even if we didn't find this deal on Livingsocial I think this place is worth every penny! Plus there is complimentary wifi which is hard to come by nowadays when staying at a more expensive place.

We arrived a bit early and although we were before check-in time we decided to go to the lobby and see if we could check in anyways. Well, when we got there as expected our room wasn't busy but for an extra $50 more they offered us the premier room that was ready, better and that had a MUCH better view! Of course we jumped on this, and don't regret it at all! Our room was absolutely amazing as well as the bathroom, and everything was so clean! We had a balcony which looked out to a breathtaking view of the mountains!

This resort was also conveniently located to the core of downtown Banff so it was only a 2 minute car drive. The staff was so helpful and friendly! They were able to give us a map to show us some of their favourite places to eat downtown as well as told us about the restaurants that were available on site. Both restaurants Cilantro and Sleeping Buffalo were delicious and the wait staff was quick and efficient! Great quality food worth the cost.

Overall we had a great stay and will be recommending Buffalo Mountain Lodge to everyone. And we will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you don't mind paying extra ask to stay in the Premier room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AleahC
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Lovely landscaping, pretty room, and large, but missing some important features: No screen on the door, dirty tub, noisy, inadequate bedding. It was very hot the day we were there and the mosquitos were bad, therefore screens on the doors would have been nice so we could get some cross ventilation to cool the room in the evening. (No AC is ok by me, but screened windows on just one wall are not enough.)

The wedding party running until 2 am outside our room was annoying, and the noisy truck at 3 am to clean their mess was totally inappropriate. Only bedding was sheets and a winter-weight comforter. A very light weight blanket or 2 would have been a good addition. Also I was surprised to not find a full-length mirror anywhere in this otherwise "over appointed" room. The wonderfully luxurious bathtub was not clean.....something I didn't notice until I was sitting in it and could see the previous bather's bathtub ring. A bit of dusting was also in order. For this kind of money it shouldn't be asking too much to expect the minimum: cleanliness and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: You will probably enjoy something downtown much more than this place, though the grounds were very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank suemap
CRMRManagment, Sales Manager at Buffalo Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. We would like to assure guests we take all feedback very seriously as this allows us to continually improve upon our offering. We would like to apologize sincerely for the few housekeeping items amiss in the room as that is certainly not the standard we strive to provide. I would encourage you to contact our Lodge Assistant Manager (almbml@crmr.com) to further discuss your concerns.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Sales Manager for Buffalo Mountain Lodge

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This gem, was a surprise and delight. Was there for meetings, and right from check-in, received warm, attentive service. The "cabin" I had, had a King bed, with over stuffed duvet. The cabin also had a fire burning stove, already to go...just strike the match and FIRE. The bathroom, had a claw foot tub, and great design. The whole package was nice. So nice that I was able to overlook some of the housekeeping flaws, in both bedroom and bathroom. The meals I had were top notch, and service good. They also have an outdoor hot tub.....sitting in there with the snow cascading down, was the perfect was to cap a night. I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had visited Buffalo Mountain Lodge previously for a wedding, but had never stayed here. Once we arrived I wondered why we hadn't - it was lovely from beginning to end. The cabins are gorgeous - clean, comfortable and quiet. We loved the atmosphere, the staff, and especially the enormous hot tub (be careful though - the steps are slippery). The only downside was that I found the beds a little too firm for my liking. But the linens were nice and the bathroom was even nicer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sisero
CRMRManagment, Sales Coordinator at Buffalo Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. We are so pleased you enjoyed your accommodations and took advantage of the hot tub, which provides stunning mountain views. We have taken note of your comments in regards to the hot tub - many thanks for this feedback. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Sales Coordinator for Buffalo Mountain Lodge

Reviewed October 4, 2012

About a five minute drive from the town centre, but that's part of its appeal. If you're not driving, there is a shuttle bus (approx $2 per person) that runs from opposite the hotel into town. The room was clean and tastefully decorated however, it faced the main road which was quite noisy at night, which despite the comfy bed, made it quite difficult to sleep. The staff were really helpful and whilst breakfast was quite expensive, there was a good variety of food. The quality of the food was good, particularly the pancakes! The bar, with it's roaring fire and nice ambience, made it a good place to spend the evening. Prices weren't too bad either. There was a lot of maintenance going on when we visited which shows they want to look after the accommodation. All this was done during the day though when most guests were out and about. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: Might be better to choose a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple