We had my daughters wedding her last year. The reason I dont think this is an ideal wedding venue is because they do not like the noise (which can not be helped). They dont warn their other guests that they are a wedding venue and if a guest complains about any noise then you have to pay for their room. I think every wedding must have to pick up a couple of rooms as it would be impossible not to make noise. The reason we choose this venue was the balcony doors thinking we could have the air flowing from the mountains and have great evening. From early on we were told to keep quiet, they did not want people going outside to smoke, they would not let us have the balcony doors or any windows open which caused us all to sweat profusely and be uncomfortable. I mean when the mother of the bride has to remove her undergarments from sweating profusely there is a problem! They did not treat us as a priority and put there other guests above us the larger group and the one paying th big bucks..We were very disappointed at the way we were treated the next day and would not reccomend this for a venue if you want to have fun and have your guests relax! Another case of we have your money now tough luck! They should book the wedding guests near the venue as this would make more sense. I guess they like making double the room cost when people complain as im sure the other guests only get a discount and not a free night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge