“Love the names”

Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Banff
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The names & descriptions were so helpful. Ice cream was good, but a bit pricey. Even if you're not interested in the flavor, still read the description to see how it fits the names, it's fun.

Jordan F, Public Relations Manager at COWS Banff, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you very "Mooch" for this review - We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed our Ice Cream and the unique cow related names we give our Ice Cream!

I hope you enjoyed your time in Banff and will come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

lovely flavors. rich, full bodied ice cream. very sweet server, a backpacker from South Korea.
we had the crushed almond ice cream (forgot the exact name) and the chocolate mud something ice cream.

1  Thank chhavijainporwal
Jordan F, Public Relations Manager at COWS Banff, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you very "Mooch" for this review - We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed our Ice Cream!

We hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm a big ice cream fan and Cows has a brilliant selection of flavours to choose from. In the end I opted for a Wowie Cowie which is great for those with a sweet tooth- I would recommend it! They also have more traditional flavours which are equally good. It was a bit pricey for the scoop size, but the server weighs it to make sure you're getting the right amount.
I wish we had one in England!

1  Thank VixyH
Jordan F, Public Relations Manager at COWS Banff, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide COWS with such a positive review! I'm delighted that you enjoyed the taste and selection of our Ice Cream!

You may be interested to learn that our Ice Cream is a bit more pricey for 3 reasons!

1. We use 16% butterfat in our products versus the industry average of about 10%.

2. We inject only 20% air into our product. Most store brands inject up to and more than 70% into their product. So when you buy COWS ice cream, you are getting more for your dollar!

3. We only use the best ingredients available to us! For example, our vanilla comes from Madagascar and our cocoa comes from Holland.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The ice cream was very good. It's truly like homemade ice cream, not frozen yogurt, custard, or other fancy trends. Just good old regular ice cream. It was a little expensive for the portion size. Also very cute shirts for sale.

1  Thank Bkcs
Jordan F, Public Relations Manager at COWS Banff, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide COWS with such a positive review! I'm "Udderly" delighted that you enjoyed our Ice Cream and our T-Shirts! Your "Mooverlous" praise is what keeps us going and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was excited to return here after a previous visit a couple years ago. But the excitement ended. The servers weighed each serving to make sure they didn't give anyone too much. Most all places dig in a give you a scoop, maybe more but not here. Disappointing to see this for their prices.

Jordan F, Public Relations Manager at COWS Banff, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide COWS with your feedback, as it is important to us!

Our weighing process of the Ice Cream is to assure that the customer gets what he or she paid for! If the Ice Cream exceeds the weight, we do not take any off!

You may be interested to know that we inject only 20% air into our product. Most store brands inject up to and more than 70% into their product. This means that one of our Ice Cream scoops is a much more dense and heavier product. So when you buy COWS ice cream, you are getting more for your dollar!

Once again I'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and will come back to visit us again!